Just bought a MF 135

/ Just bought a MF 135 #11  
I was also wondering where a good place is to buy all the stuff I need for the 3 point. It is missing all the arms and linkage.
Stacks, I would Google "tractor salvage" before going out and buying all new parts from scratch. What is filling the holes where the hydraulic lift arms used to be? -robert

/ Just bought a MF 135
Stacks, I would Google "tractor salvage" before going out and buying all new parts from scratch. What is filling the holes where the hydraulic lift arms used to be? -robert

Someone removed all the links since it has a backhoe on it now

/ Just bought a MF 135 #13  
Welcome to TBN--join the fun:D
In Jul06 I bought a 1964 MF135 diesel Deluxe with MultiPower ($3600, 4600 hours). I'm the 3rd owner. The original owner had a bucket/hyd pump arranged like yours to run off the front of the engine. He sold it to the second owner at around 3000 hours who found out that the crankshaft had snapped at the point where the shaft goes through the front main bearing. Since the crankshaft was junk and had to be replaced, he installed the complete engine rebuild kit including valves/seats. Just a heads up--he told me he suspects the problem happened because of the hyd pump on the front of the engine.

Good luck with your 135

/ Just bought a MF 135
Ran the old beast for about 4 hours today and used it to dig out a stump and did some vine clean up with it. It goes to the woods in the morning to start moving some small logs in the morning.

/ Just bought a MF 135 #15  
Hello all
I'm a retired welder who as a volunteer with my local Parish Council looks after and uses our 1966 MF 135 to cut the grass on our 12 acre sports field and the 3 acre meadow used as the car park down at our church. I'm brand new at this kind of work, but I've got the tractor bug big time.
I joined the forum 30 minutes ago because I know just about nothing except check the fluids and tank her up ( 3 cyl diesel ) so I'll be following your posts, and probably asking the most naive questions you will undoubtably will find amusing.
Nobody told me you have to turn round at the other end of the field,-- that kind of advice!
Be prepared. I beg you.

Regards

Jim McCluskey

Suffolk UK

/ Just bought a MF 135 #16  
Hello to Stacks and Jim McCluskey,

Welcome fella's there are some good and helpful folks here.

v/r

Mike

/ Just bought a MF 135 #17  
Thanks Mike
The first problem i've had was when she conked out after cutting up a slope. all the sediment in the tank had been stirred up and clogged the filters. There was a big lump like a jelly-fish in the first filter which I assume is down to Bio-diesel reacting with condensation over the winter stand up. She's running fine now except I disturbed the rubber seal on the glass lift pump bowl and need to replace it. also there's no feel to the lever on the lift-pump, so I had to wait ages for gravity to force all the air through to the injector pump. If it's any help tyo other new guys - when the engine starts to change revs on its own you have that problem and you can save yourself a lot of grief by checking the filters right away.

Jim

/ Just bought a MF 135
I am having a little issue now. I am getting fuel into the oil now. I think it may have been doing it for a while and the guy i bought it from just either didnt know or didnt care to let me know about it. What do you guys think are the possible problems.

/ Just bought a MF 135 #19  
I am having a little issue now. I am getting fuel into the oil now. I think it may have been doing it for a while and the guy i bought it from just either didnt know or didnt care to let me know about it. What do you guys think are the possible problems.
More than likely it is an injector problem. It is sticking open a little and the fuel is bypassing the rings into the crankcase. You should be able to pull them and have them checked pretty easy.