new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #1  

namyessam

Gold Member
Tractor
xyz
I've owned the massey since 2009. Got stung. Engine ran good with no noticeable noise. Radiator low on water, didn't think it was a problem. Got it home, changed oil and filter, filled radiator, and started it. Water blew out the radiator cap hole. Blown head gasget? no big deal. Pulled the head and found the pistons were hitting the head. Who ever rebuilt it, put the pistons in it for a Z143 engine. The distance from the wrist pin hole to the top of the piston is greater than on a Z145. Still can't figure out why it didn't bang let alone how it rolled over when the pistons were originally put in. After new sleeves, pistons, ground crank, rod bearings, mains and reworked the head, I have a new engine I'll never have to worry about in my lifetime. My multi-power is bad also. rebuilt the seal rings for the multi-power circut when I had the tractor split but that did not solve the problem. Waiting for the ambition to pull the top cover and check out the multi-power pump. If thats not the problem it's split the tractor again and pull the transmission. other than that the tractor runs great. Tractor has 3 speed with high-low

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #2  
Welcome to tBN, You might want to watch a thread from Massey WV. he is redoing a whole tractor.

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145
looks like he's doing a great job of restoration. I would love to do that some day but needed a working tractor first

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #4  
Welcome to the forum.

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #5  
Welcome

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #6  
Welcome to the forum, nothing like getting familiar with your tractor from the get-go. Hard to believe someone could make that kind of mistake, had to have been a concern when bolting everything back up.

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #7  
namyessam said:
looks like he's doing a great job of restoration. I would love to do that some day but needed a working tractor first

Not to take anything from MasseyWV, but his tractor is not multipower. There's a few on here that own them and could help you out because of owning maintaining one. I'VE read them speaking of it that it's nice when working correctly. Good luck with your classic. -robert

/ new member with a massey 135 deluxe Z145 #8  
Welcome. Sounds like our tractors are similar. My multipower doesn't work either. Leaving i. Be for now.