No power in Massey Ferguson 50

/ No power in Massey Ferguson 50 #1  

halfhaltnancy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 50
Hello! My husband and I are working on our (new to us!) Massey Ferguson 50. It's a gas powered 2-wheel drive. It starts but has no power. A new starter has been installed and the carbuerator was rebuilt by a friend. We NEED this cool ol tractor to run properly!! Any ideas, folks? Ya'll are all I've got since the farming uncles are all in Illinois...:) Thanks in advance!

/ No power in Massey Ferguson 50 #2  
Might need a little more info, to determine the problem. Does it rev up as it should..?? Do you notice any smoke from the exhaust..?? Sometimes it tough to diagnose something without hearing something run, or a good description of exactly how it is running.

If it seems to start fine, and run's fairly smooth, but no power... If you have not checked the air filter, believe that would be the first place I would look. One of the signs of a plugged air filter, is black smoke from the exhaust. Restricted air flow, makes them run rich on fuel. Mice love to build nests in air filters.

It could also be the governor not working properly. It will rev up somewhat, but pull the engine down when put under a load.

/ No power in Massey Ferguson 50 #3  
no power?

have you done a wet/dry compression test?

governor working? test by manually goosing gov to carb btterfly linkage and see if gov pulls back.

she develop correct top end rpm?

post back

/ No power in Massey Ferguson 50
Forwarding to husband, thanks!! I'll let ya know what happens! = D

Thanks, Husband is checking out all suggestions! Maybe I can figure out a way to post a short video...

/ No power in Massey Ferguson 50 #6  
post back what ya find..

Hey, DH is down to readjusting the governor...hope that's what it is, any ideas?! : /