1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #1  

floridadan

Tractor
135 Massey
I am connecting the tachometer back to the generator, and a small spring fell out, any idea where the spring goes

I just can't figure this one out. Pls help!

Dan

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #2  
A small spring fell out from where? Pictures might help to identify it.

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #3  
I am connecting the tachometer back to the generator, and a small spring fell out, any idea where the spring goes

Dan
Dan, is it the original generator and tractormeter/proofmeter/tachometer? Did this spring fall out of the tachometer on the rear of the generator? I don't think there is a spring that can fall out when you remove the cable on either end. Did you have the tachdrive on the rear of the generator apart? Does your generator look like the one below? I don't see a spring listed nor illustrated in the exploded view. -robert

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #4  

Dan
Dan, here's another picture of the tachdrive itself that attaches to the generator with three screws. I don't see a spring there either. -robert

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #5  
A small spring fell out from where? Pictures might help to identify it.
What about it Massey. You've had your generator all apart. Is there a spring somewhere that would fly out when you remove the cable?

/ 1966 MF 135 gas contential generator question #6  
Found location of springs, it fits in the hole in the center, thanks, for the help. Florida Dan