Pop got himself a 135

/ Pop got himself a 135
Artisan said:
One word for your first "job" w/ it;

ROPS

I agree that's a good idea but I don't think he will go for it. It's main job will be bushhogging fields on the eastern shore of Maryland. Which some say is flat enough to watch your dog runaway for 3 days;-)

/ Pop got himself a 135 #13  
Here ya go...sell it to pops as a place to hang lights
and a place to fab up a canopy for him so the sun
and elements will not hurt so bad!

/ Pop got himself a 135
Nice artisan! I'll try to sell him on it. He is a hard sell though.

/ Pop got himself a 135 #15  
YesDeere said:
My father called me this weekend to tell me he is working on a deal. He wanted to run it by me by me because I'm going to be working on it. Anyway I haven't seen it yet but it looks great in the pics. 1967 with a continental gas motor. 800 hours on the clock. Trade worked out to $2500. Thoughts?

Nice find. Appears someone has refurbished it. Looks like new paint. Correct colors except for the air breather. For a few finishing touches, A 135 emblem for each side and a decal set would finish it out. If it had original paint I might say the hors are right. Since it has been restored I'd question the hours. As long as your dad is happy with the deal is all the matters. In it"s current condition, I'd questimate it's worth over $3200

/ Pop got himself a 135
The kid said:
Nice find. Appears someone has refurbished it. Looks like new paint. Correct colors except for the air breather. For a few finishing touches, A 135 emblem for each side and a decal set would finish it out. If it had original paint I might say the hors are right. Since it has been restored I'd question the hours. As long as your dad is happy with the deal is all the matters. In it"s current condition, I'd questimate it's worth over $3200

Yeah. I'm skeptical but I have not put my eyes on it. The story is it was babied its first part of life and sat outside the second half. Decals are on the way

/ Pop got himself a 135 #17  
Thanks for the input guys. I'm excited to go and get it. We are 2 hours apart and I want it next to my tools while working on it. I believe it was the first owners baby. Like you said probably just used for mowing. From what my dad says I think it needs front tires because of dry rot. He wants me to find a wiring harness as well. It's not charging right now either. He did some mowing with it and said it was a beast!!

If your going to be using it on hilly terain as Artisan mentioned a ROPS (Roll Over Protection) would be a good idea. If the tractor has been siting awhile the voltage regulator would be the first thing I'd look at along with tracing all wires from point to point looking for breaks, chew marks, loose connections. Those emblems on the sides. Do they come with the tractor? I didn't see a picture of the front to know if that emblem is there. Those original emblems are vary rare and can be aquired thru salvage yards. I have an extra set I might part with. I was going to have them rechromed till I got the estimate. :shocked: Good used emblems can be restored by hand and look pretty good. Lastly get you some good manuals for it, if some didn't come with it. www.agcopartsbook.com has the best documentation.

/ Pop got himself a 135 #18  
nice looking old tractor.