MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts)

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts) #1  

LongJohn01

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
Hi

This is my first post to this forum. I must say its impressive!.

I have an MF 135 with a faulty generator problem. I have seen a few posts about how to identify issues with it so I will get that sorted out.

My question is how much power (watts) will the standard 12V generator put out? I am not an auto electrician so I don't have a clue. I was hoping it would have enough to add extra driving lights on the MF 135. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
   / MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts) #2  
The 135 operator manual says that the charging rate for that 12V generator is 10-12 amps. So 120-144 watts. That's pretty puny IMHO. For about $50 you can get a rebuilt Delco 10SI alternator that will deliver 45-50 amps (that's what I have on my 135).

Good luck.

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts)
Thanks Guys, I will check it out.

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts) #5  
Convert to a Delco alternator. thats what i did to my 165.

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts) #6  
LongJohn01 said:
Thanks Guys, I will check it out.

If you where a bit closer like a couple thousand miles :) I'd sell you my old one.

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts) #7  
G'day John and :welcome: shoot of to the car wreckers and get an internally reg alt of any 80s model commodore or falcon they should be 55amp + and mount it up where the genny is ( you may need to adjust or space the brackets to suit ). You will need to put in another ign switch (one that goes from off, run, heat, start) and a small indicator light on the dash to run the exciter wire through and you are all set. If you need more detailed info then send me a PM and I will send you instructions on detailed wiring.

Jon

/ MF 135 generator problem - how much power (watts)
G'day John and :welcome: shoot of to the car wreckers and get an internally reg alt of any 80s model commodore or falcon they should be 55amp + and mount it up where the genny is ( you may need to adjust or space the brackets to suit ). You will need to put in another ign switch (one that goes from off, run, heat, start) and a small indicator light on the dash to run the exciter wire through and you are all set. If you need more detailed info then send me a PM and I will send you instructions on detailed wiring.

Jon

Thanks Jon and Boys for the tips.

I'll go up to the local car wreckers and check out what they've got. By all means send me the wiring details I'll run through it.

By the way I like the Charger picture. I used to have a Chrysler utility (pick up) hemi 245 column shift. Man I miss it! It had no breaks ,no steering and no seat belts but gee did go! Faster than a bottle of rum at an alcoholics meeting!