Massey 135 Deluxe

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Hi there friends Looking at a MF 135 Deluxe Serial # 221165 for cutting a field.Asking Price of 4450.00. What kind of pricing should I see??

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #2  
That price sounds about right. They usually sell in the range of $3000 to $7000.

/ Massey 135 Deluxe
That price sounds about right. They usually sell in the range of $3000 to $7000.

How does it match up against a 135? Mike, I'm looking for a cool old utility tractor to cut a 4 acre field.

/ Massey 135 Deluxe
Try this for a pic

Attachments

• 2012_1118trakter0012.jpg
    2012_1118trakter0012.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 1,371
   / Massey 135 Deluxe #5  
How does it match up against a 135? Mike, I'm looking for a cool old utility tractor to cut a 4 acre field.

I don't know what the differences are other than the obvious.

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #6  
In Jun06 I paid $3600 for a 1964 MF135 diesel Deluxe with multipower.

Check that serial number. It should look like the numbers on this TractorData page

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 135 tractor information

That number you listed may be a casting number.

There should be an ID plate with serial number that's riveted to the dashboard or to the right side of the battery tray (you may have to remove the air filter assembly to see it if it's located there).

Good luck.

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #7  
Is he looking at the "35 Delux" or the 135 behind it....I'm betting he has the wrong # listed...and that the serial on that "35" is 221165...BobG in VA

/ Massey 135 Deluxe
Is he looking at the "35 Delux" or the 135 behind it....I'm betting he has the wrong # listed...and that the serial on that "35" is 221165...BobG in VA

The 35 deluxe is the one with the serial # could not find a # or price on the 135 The price on the 135 is 4800.0

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #9  
In my area, $4450 is quite high for a non properly restored 35 and even a bit high for a non restored 135 unless equipped with the Perkins 3 cylinder diesel engine and good tires.

The deluxe models have additional instruments, spin out rims, engine/transmission/ground PTO and usually power steering. Non deluxe models do not have the additional instrumentation or spin out rims and usually do not have the other mentioned features.

FWIW, very late model 135s have the 4 X 2 rather than the 3 X 2 transmission. These tractors bring premium prices, especially if equipped with the Perkins AD3 152 engine.

SDT

/ Massey 135 Deluxe #10  
In my area, $4450 is quite high for a non properly restored 35 and even a bit high for a non restored 135 unless equipped with the Perkins 3 cylinder diesel engine and good tires.

The deluxe models have additional instruments, spin out rims, engine/transmission/ground PTO and usually power steering. Non deluxe models do not have the additional instrumentation or spin out rims and usually do not have the other mentioned features.

FWIW, very late model 135s have the 4 X 2 rather than the 3 X 2 transmission. These tractors bring premium prices, especially if equipped with the Perkins AD3 152 engine.

SDT
To the novice eye. some tractors look to be in excellent shape. Then you later find oil dripping steadily from the the cottor key on the bottom. The PTO seal has heavy greasy around it, indicating a leak. The tranny oil is brown. Half the gauges don't work of those original ones that run off a transformer and glow in the dark and three out of five don't light up. Another problem I see is one man's definition of "restored" differs from Websters definition. These old tractor are work horses but problems can be easily concealed to the untrained eye. It's best to ask questions in a forum like this to sharpen the eye while shopping.

Although the Perkins diesel is the engine of choice, it also is the most expensive to work on when one is neglected. Diesel fuel still remains to be considerable higher in cost. That's a mystery. The old Continental's are easy to work on and parts still plentiful. I would not turn away a well maintained Z145.
BTW the spin out rims where an option on every tractor whether Deluxe or not.

My :2cents: