Buying a MF 135

/ Buying a MF 135 #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Well I have a possible deal on a 135 Diesel, power steering 2 stage clutch and 5000 hours for 2575.00. Can be seen a tractor house at sterling Farm. What do you guys think and what should I check on it before purchase. Does need a battery.

/ Buying a MF 135 #2  
Check to be sure there is no oil in the antifreeze or antifreeze in the oil. Doesn't smoke when running. How well the brakes work. Drive it and with the clutch engaged stomp on the brakes like you never have before and see if the engine lugs down or the clutch slips. Check play in steering, play in clutch pedal...

/ Buying a MF 135
Check to be sure there is no oil in the antifreeze or antifreeze in the oil. Doesn't smoke when running. How well the brakes work. Drive it and with the clutch engaged stomp on the brakes like you never have before and see if the engine lugs down or the clutch slips. Check play in steering, play in clutch pedal...

What is it supposed to do when I mash on the brakes? Thanks for replying.

/ Buying a MF 135 #5  
What is it supposed to do when I mash on the brakes? Thanks for replying.

It's supposed to die....if it stays running with the rears locked for any amount of time, the clutch is slipping...you can do the same test on a clutch by taking off in 6th gear...it better choke out rather than slowing pick up and go. BobG in VA

/ Buying a MF 135 #6  
It's supposed to die....if it stays running with the rears locked for any amount of time, the clutch is slipping...you can do the same test on a clutch by taking off in 6th gear...it better choke out rather than slowing pick up and go. BobG in VA

Ya beet me too it.

/ Buying a MF 135

Bob, Are you supposed to shift this tractor like you would a car or should all gears be started from a dead stop. This would be my first gear tractor.

/ Buying a MF 135 #8  
Bob, Are you supposed to shift this tractor like you would a car or should all gears be started from a dead stop. This would be my first gear tractor.

I'm not Bob but the gears in these tractors are square cut gears and are non synchronized. Meaning you have to stop to shift or you grind the gears. If it is worn or you know the tractor well you can shift on the move. In your case shift while stopped.

/ Buying a MF 135
Thanks Mike, I'm learning.

/ Buying a MF 135
bump!