Bought a 135

/ Bought a 135 #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Well, I done did it and bought me a 1967 MF 135. Its a diesel with power steering and 5000 hours on the clock. Gonna need some manuals to start with and all filters . Can someone give me a hand to find the right stuff? Mucho thanks for all and any help. Here's some photo's more to come tomorrow. Not sure if its charging the battery or not as they had to jump it.

Attachments

• 2012_1120MF1350001.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350001.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 2012_1120MF1350002.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350002.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 704
  • 2012_1120MF1350003.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350003.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 2012_1120MF1350005.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • 2012_1120MF1350006.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350006.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 449
  • 2012_1120MF1350007.jpg
    2012_1120MF1350007.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 348
   / Bought a 135 #2  
There is a 1968 owners manual on ebay right now $9.99 starting bid. They usually sell for around 20-25 bucks. This is an original one that comes with the tractor. Then You'll need the parts and service manual from AGCO. I bought the parts and service manual with the expandable hard cover binder. Well worth the money if your going to keep this tractor awhile. Congrads on the tractor.

/ Bought a 135
There is a 1968 owners manual on ebay right now $9.99 starting bid. They usually sell for around 20-25 bucks. This is an original one that comes with the tractor. Then You'll need the parts and service manual from AGCO. I bought the parts and service manual with the expandable hard cover binder. Well worth the money if your going to keep this tractor awhile. Congrads on the tractor.

Looking for that manual and can't find it. Can you give me more info? All I see is buy now ads
FOUND IT KID!!! Its got 5 days so I wait. Where to buy all the filters and stuff?

/ Bought a 135 #4  
Looking for that manual and can't find it. Can you give me more info? All I see is buy now ads
FOUND IT KID!!! Its got 5 days so I wait. Where to buy all the filters and stuff?
There are actually two 135 manuals on eBay. One guy actually tells the print year. and the other guy couldn't find his socks if they where on his feet. I told him exactly where the date was and him not find it. Duhh.

Murf, my best advise is to find a local MF AGCO dealership near you with Google and give them a call. My nearest dealer is over 70 miles away. If I order over the phone, I'll order out of state and avoid sales tax. :thumbsup: That will come to an end one day. Your tranny holds eight gallons of hydro fluid. The tranny and rear end share the same fluid and can be bought most anywhere farming supplies are sold. Before you do anything get the manuals to keep from having a bold spot on your head scratching wondering where this or that is or does. I do alot of mail ordering. I've replaced alot of items on my 65.

I noticed you probably need a new PTO output seal. Anytime there is a large amount of greasy dirt at the PTO usually says the seal need replaced. It's a piece of cake. Now the bolts that hold the retainer on might be a b!tch. I use a torch on those hard to remove bolts, screws, and nuts. I beleive you have a diesel which I'm not that familiar with. Quite a few in here have them and can chime in if you run into trouble. You can read my thread on the PTO to give you an idea of what your faced with. Just remember there's eight gallon of oil behind the seal, so either park the tractor with the front end down a good grade or drain before pulling that seal. Also engage the PTO in tractor mode and engage both shifters to lock the inner gears so the PTO shaft can be pulled without guts falling out of place inside which would not be a good thing. I learned that here!

Here's another tip. Check your shift boots. If they are old you can bet water has gotten into the tranny oil unless the tractor has never seen rain. One more thing. If in doubt. ASK!!! My memory isn't the best so I use my camera and take pictures of something I'm fixing to take apart. It's saved my butt bunches of times. These old tractors are fun to work on. You will too. -robert

/ Bought a 135
Kid, you are right about the shifter boots, one has a plastic bag taped around it and the oil looks sandy colored. the rest needs a good cleaning and I need to find out about why the bat does not hold a charge for long.

/ Bought a 135
Hey Kid, Where do I buy a Top link from? TSC? Dealer item?

/ Bought a 135 #7  
Two places I get parts for my older tractor is tractorpartsasap.com and Steiner tractor parts. Have ordered parts from both places and have had really good customer service and fast delivery from both.

/ Bought a 135 #8  
murphy1244 said:
Kid, you are right about the shifter boots, one has a plastic bag taped around it and the oil looks sandy colored. the rest needs a good cleaning and I need to find out about why the bat does not hold a charge for long.

There are two drain plugs. One is between the rear end and the seat on the drivers side bottom and the other is forward on the same side on the front part of the tractor halves. When you do drain it, be sure to drain them both. Some have even after draining used diesel fuel to "rinse" the floor inside the tractor of any sludge left from draining. They say they would run the tractor a few minutes to allow it to rinse parts then park and drain it. The Hydro filter is internal and can be accessed thru the right side draft /lift speed control. Same place you check your hydro oil. That entire cover comes off. Mind you. You should have the service manual and follow it"s instructions to the letter before doing any internal work.

Your tractor doesn't look that in need of much maintenance/repair. Mine looked pretty used up close. I'd call mine before I started on it a "thirty footer" Looks great at thirty feet. :)

How bad it the boot at the rear of the lift cover. If you can move it in and out more than an 1/8" it's probably out of adjustment. Pulling a mower of cutter you won't need it's use only the point of attachment. This is where you attach the top link. Mine was in sad shape, rusted real bad and I replaced/rebuilt the entire assembly. That part enables the tractor to use it's draft control on implements needing it.

I tell ya. It get's as bad as a crack habit working on my tractor. My wife has threatened to cut up my credit card :)

/ Bought a 135 #9  
super55 said:
Two places I get parts for my older tractor is tractorpartsasap.com and Steiner tractor parts. Have ordered parts from both places and have had really good customer service and fast delivery from both.

I've gotten great prices especially on Sparex parts at Griggs Lawn and Garden 757-304-9549 I just ordered a screw on PTO cover from them.

/ Bought a 135 #10  
murphy1244 said:
Hey Kid, Where do I buy a Top link from? TSC? Dealer item?

Yes TSC has them. As well as stablizer bars too.