Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Bought a 135

Quote Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
    For stabilizer bars I bought a kit similar to this:

Attachment 290228

I threw away the fixed bars and replaced them with two adjustable top links. The angle brackets bolt to the fender mounting bolts under the rear axles. This was on a 1964 M135 diesel.
    I have the axle mounts, that's all I have.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

If the axle mounts are the same as the one I used then just buy two adjustable top links for them. This worked very well on my MF135 for twenty years using a rotary cutter, RFM, and PHD.
    ........Shoot this thang! Have mercy this thang is killin' me. Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief..............
    jerry clowers-a coon huntin story.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

they are a very well supported and respected tractor.

get it in order and it should take care of you for quite a while..

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

If you are looking for OEM MF135 parts the best place to find them here are at the tractor shows in Indiana. Bad thing about these Indiana shows is that they are usually in September. Many shows have a featured brand at the time of the show like Massey Ferguson, John Deere, IH, etc. These guys at the shows can find you anything that you could ever want. And they will charge very dearly for it.
    ........Shoot this thang! Have mercy this thang is killin' me. Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief..............

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    they are a very well supported and respected tractor.

get it in order and it should take care of you for quite a while..
    Hey Sound guy thanks for chipping in. Any of you's know if I can find a headlight? Whistle pig. You saying to buy top link and sway bars at TSC?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

The top links were the generic three point links available at TSC. Every now and then brush would flip off the lynch pin on an axle stud and bend one of these adjustable links. I started safety wiring the lynch pins. A MF135 diesel is one heck of a tractor. Best mowing tractor ever on steep hills in my opinion. These folks are down the road from me and have helped me find a lot of parts for my MF135.

ROBERTS FARM EQUIPMENT

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244

From what point? to what point? Do I use those stabilizer chains too? Do the headlights have a low and high beam?? My dealer wanted 32.00 a bulb,# was GE 4459. Any way to cross that to anything else? Much thanks for any and all help
    Murph, the stabilizer bar attaches to a point on the bottom side of the axle and is held on with a clinch pin. I now use the heavy duty spring clinch pins that cost a bit more but brush won't snatch them off causing one to bend a stabilizer bar. Measure from attachment point at the axle to the swivel of one of the lift arms. One would slide the lift arm on a three point hitch and slide a stabilizer bar one then snap on a clinch pin. The check chain keeps the lift arms from hitting the wheels. I could not find a replacement for my bend stabilizer bar locally (original). so I bought two adjustable ones at TSC. Screwed them out to match the old ones length and set the lock nuts. They look kind of like the top link except they have eyelets instead of swivels.

As for your headlight bulb, just buy an ordinary flood bulb 12v of same size. They shouldn't cost $32 a bulb. No high low. The same bulb on the plough light is the same for the headlight. Use a GE 4419. They are 5 3/4" They should be around 10 to 12 bucks each.
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

My MF135 had stabilizer chains. That wasn't much help. Stabilizer bars will keep your rotary cutter, RFM, or PHD from wallowing around behind the tractor. Using these attachments with out stabilizer arms isn't very pleasant.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Murph, the stabilizer bar attaches to a point on the bottom side of the axle and is held on with a clinch pin. I now use the heavy duty spring clinch pins that cost a bit more but brush won't snatch them off causing one to bend a stabilizer bar. Measure from attachment point at the axle to the swivel of one of the lift arms. One would slide the lift arm on a three point hitch and slide a stabilizer bar one then snap on a clinch pin. The check chain keeps the lift arms from hitting the wheels. I could not find a replacement for my bend stabilizer bar locally (original). so I bought two adjustable ones at TSC. Screwed them out to match the old ones length and set the lock nuts. They look kind of like the top link except they have eyelets instead of swivels.

As for your headlight bulb, just buy an ordinary flood bulb 12v of same size. They shouldn't cost $32 a bulb. No high low. The same bulb on the plough light is the same for the headlight. Use a GE 4419. They are 5 3/4" They should be around 10 to 12 bucks each.
    Kid, Can you post a pic? I just can't get a handle on this.
    Murph ------------

Gold Member
    Tractor
    xyz

The stabilizer bars hook to the pins on the bottom side of the rear axle. Zoom up on the picture of the rear of the tractor. The other ends hook to the pins on the implement that go through the lower three point lift arms. What is wrong with your headlights that you are looking for new ones?? It looks like the metal is intact and not bent. You should be able to get new rubber mounts from a Massey dealer that snap on to the metal housing and then the headlight bulb snaps into the rubber. That the way it was on mine although my lights were mounted in the fenders.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast