MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM?

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #1  

jingle135

Tractor
MF135
Hello!

Trying to rewire and replace all the missing lights on my 135 (no cab)

it looks like the head lights have a high and low beam? is this right?

also the light switch (which is a new part from MF) turns 3 clicks. what lights should come on at each click? i cant find a simple wiring diagram on the net!

any advice would really help. I'm spending hours getting nowhere :mad::confused::confused2:

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #2  
I sure would like to know too, What front bulb you using and how many terminals are on them?

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM?
Two terminals, as for bulb, not sure but bought from MF.

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #4  
I believe they work like this

1 click-low beam/work mode
2 click-high beam
3 click-high beam and tail lights/road mode

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #5  
I believe they work like this

1 click-low beam/work mode
2 click-high beam
3 click-high beam and tail lights/road mode

Headlights require 3 tabs for high and low.

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #6  
according to my book-1.bright and work and panel lamps 2.bright and work and panel lamps off 3.low, work and panel lamps.
So we need 3 tabs on our headlamps.

Last edited:
   / MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #7  
Going from memory here... the bulb part numbers should be H6024 or H5024 if the bucket takes a 7" headlamp.
Those numbers you can find at any parts store although they may have to order them since the autos and tractors they fit are 20+ years old.

Edit: Got to thinking. They are 5.75" headlamps.... part number H5001.

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #8  
After further review it is indeed a high low bulb as I just pulled the bulb from the other side and it has 3 prongs on it and they are a spade connection. So the 4419 bulb I bought with a screw on connection is the wrong bulb . After checking the factory bulb is 505085m1
Murph

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #9  
jingle135 said:
Hello!

also the light switch (which is a new part from MF) turns 3 clicks. what lights should come on at each click? i cant find a simple wiring diagram on the net!

any advice would really help. I'm spending hours getting nowhere :mad::confused::confused2:

Export or British models may have had a high low beam since they are designed to drive on roads. US production as far as I know there was only a single position light switch on the 135. On mine that is. The manual and parts book backs that up.

British or export models also had more lighting, reflectors and equipped with a hand brake. They had cabs that where optioned. Your tractor light switch would have to have around five or six terminals on the rear to accommodate high low beam. Unless your planning to use it on open roads then IMHO it's a mute point.

/ MF 135 DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A LOW AND HIGH BEAM? #10  
jingle135 said:
Hello!

May I ask, where are your headlight mounted. Front or side? Is your tractor a US production or export British/Canadian version? It may explain a few things.

EDIT: I stand corrected. After doing a bit of checking the 135 used a GE 4459 three terminal bulb. They where 150 watts. My manual only mentions the switch used to dim the instruments High/Low/Off. Says nothing about a high low beam. The Deluxe had a transformer that powered the special lighting of the instrument gauges may explain why the switch acted as a dimmer. It's rare to have a 135 with all working gauges (lights). The wiring diagram also shows only two wires going to each headlight. There obvioulsly where two versions of lighting. My lights have a ground wire attached to a rivit inside the lamp housing and one wire sent to each bulb for power. The bulbs where a GE 4419 bulb.Since my electro-luminescent lighting never worked and the transformer long gone, the light switch has been replaced with a single open close switch and 35 Watt headlight bulbs used.

Last edited: