Rear tire spacing on a MF 35

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #1  
Tractor
MF 35
Hey Guys,

Brand new member here. Looking at purchasing a 1964 MF 35 for my vegetable operation. The current inside dimension of the rear tires is 40 inches. Is there anyway to enlarge this? Is it as simple as flipping the rim around?

Thanks.

Blair

...just realized this a more appropriate place to post this....:)

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #2  
move rim/tire to oppsote side of tractor and offset or spin-out rims. front end has bolt holes to widen it. maybe someone else has more info.

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #3  
Hey Guys,

Brand new member here. Looking at purchasing a 1964 MF 35 for my vegetable operation. The current inside dimension of the rear tires is 40 inches. Is there anyway to enlarge this? Is it as simple as flipping the rim around?

Thanks.

Blair

It's as wthompson said...

Mine has spin in/out rears and bolt holes for in/out adjustment up front...

Rich

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35
That's what I thought, but it almost looks like it would hit against the drum brake is the rim was flipped around.

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #5  
I owned a MF 135 that had spin-out rims, so I couldn't say for sure about the brake drums hitting.

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #6  
Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Blair

You didn't say what kind of rear rims are on it. No one mentioned the front axle. Would be pointless to move the rears out and not the fronts running over your plants. They can be moved outward as well. Quite a bit of work widening the fronts. If you do decide to buy a 135. Get the operators manual, service and parts books. The operators manual shows how many configurations are possible widening the wheels. The rears if they are the dish type are prone to rusting bolts that hold the rims to the dish. If they are bad, they will need to be replaced or limit your possibilities.

The rear rims appear to be regular center disc mounted on a loop type. The inside dimension on the front is 48 inches, which is perfectly fine for what I'm doing. I just need another 6 inches or so on the rear. I'm hoping to create permanent beds in the 45 inch range.

Thank you.

Hmm does this image tell me everything I need to know? I see 60 inch centers on there, which is pretty much what I'm after. I'm definitely a tractor novice, please forgive my ignorance. forum_4463.jpg

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #9  
The rear rims appear to be regular center disc mounted on a loop type. The inside dimension on the front is 48 inches, which is perfectly fine for what I'm doing. I just need another 6 inches or so on the rear. I'm hoping to create permanent beds in the 45 inch range.

Thank you.

You would have to seperate the rim from the wheel disk but can be achieved. See this picture.

View attachment 291569

I believe that answers it, I might be purchasing a 35 quite soon, it's close and the price is right. :) Thank you.