Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Default Re: MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column

Quote Originally Posted by gjpat1 View Post
    So the dealer says relief valve obsolete, not available. I guess I'm screwed will have to buy a new pump for $600.00. Yes filter cleaned and OK. Thanks
    Before you invest in a new pump. Dig a bit more as to the cause. If Shona13 is around, he might have some clues if he's worked on a PS unit before.

Tractor
    MF 135

Default Re: MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column

Good news, after soaking the pump in PB Blaster all day, tapping on it with a hammer and cleaning with brake cleaner and compressed air, I now have 1100 psi and power steering. Bad news is I now have bad leak out of air vent in top of steering gear when turning, so has to be a bad seal in top of hyd cylinder. Should not be to much trouble fixing that, I all ready have the tractor pretty much taken apart.
    Thanks for the help, I'm sure i'll have more questions before this project is done.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by gjpat1
    Good news, after soaking the pump in PB Blaster all day, tapping on it with a hammer and cleaning with brake cleaner and compressed air, I now have 1100 psi and power steering. Bad news is I now have bad leak out of air vent in top of steering gear when turning, so has to be a bad seal in top of hyd cylinder. Should not be to much trouble fixing that, I all ready have the tractor pretty much taken apart.
    Thanks for the help, I'm sure i'll have more questions before this project is done.
    That is great news. I'm surprised the guy said that the relief valve was obsolete. They used that same setup on the 165 as well. PB Blaster is great stuff. I've used up a half can on mine on several occasions. I don't think I was any help. Good job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12