MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column

/ MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column #11  
So the dealer says relief valve obsolete, not available. I guess I'm screwed will have to buy a new pump for $600.00. Yes filter cleaned and OK. Thanks
Before you invest in a new pump. Dig a bit more as to the cause. If Shona13 is around, he might have some clues if he's worked on a PS unit before.

/ MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column
Good news, after soaking the pump in PB Blaster all day, tapping on it with a hammer and cleaning with brake cleaner and compressed air, I now have 1100 psi and power steering. Bad news is I now have bad leak out of air vent in top of steering gear when turning, so has to be a bad seal in top of hyd cylinder. Should not be to much trouble fixing that, I all ready have the tractor pretty much taken apart.
Thanks for the help, I'm sure i'll have more questions before this project is done.

/ MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column #13  
gjpat1 said:
Good news, after soaking the pump in PB Blaster all day, tapping on it with a hammer and cleaning with brake cleaner and compressed air, I now have 1100 psi and power steering. Bad news is I now have bad leak out of air vent in top of steering gear when turning, so has to be a bad seal in top of hyd cylinder. Should not be to much trouble fixing that, I all ready have the tractor pretty much taken apart.
Thanks for the help, I'm sure i'll have more questions before this project is done.

That is great news. I'm surprised the guy said that the relief valve was obsolete. They used that same setup on the 165 as well. PB Blaster is great stuff. I've used up a half can on mine on several occasions. I don't think I was any help. Good job.

/ MF 135 Power Steering leak from top of column #14  
Hello everyone, have searched this site for info on P/S leak but havn't found much information. Hope I'm not repeating someone else question. I just bought a 1965 MF 135 tractor with a gas engine. Was told the tractor hasn't been run for more than 10 years. Hoping to do a good restore on it.
Got it running with very little work, but no power asst. on steering. Filled P/S pump, and all the oil got pumped out of a litle vent hole in top of steering column. Pulled column and replaced o ring and seal, as soon as I started the engine, seal popped and started leaking again even before I could turn the steering wheel.

Pulled the return line at pump, good flow coming back to pump, pulled control valve, can't see any visible cause in valve. Anyone know what I should look for next. Thanks for the help in advance.

This tractor does not have seprate hyd rams at each front wheel, the asst. ram is tied into the back of the steering gear. Thanks. Pat
SOLVED for 29 cents... I put a new seal on the column ,didn't fix IT Then a $700 steering valve ,didn't fix IT did more things than I can even remember then I took 6 inches of 3/8 inch natural fiber rope for 29 cents took off the top bushing on the column (right under the steering wheel) wrapped the rope around the shaft took a 1inch piece of pipe and drove it below the weep hole. When I start it up it drips a little then no leak at all