More progress on my 135 rebuild

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #1  

Forester Massey

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 135
Things are moving along and with another few hours or so I can turn the key and hope for the best. Today was nut and bolt day as I got distributor in, starter, generator, manifold, carb and other misc parts. Its just was not possible to torque manifold bolts down and that bothers me as I know the potential for problems later. If someone knows the secret, please tell. All I have left is to mount the tank (needs painting), fuel line, radiator and hoses and battery. Front end also.

I previously mentioned taking the clutch and getting it redone completely. As I stepped on the pedal I could feel the first clutch grab but ran out of travel for the second to engage. I have read the thread on clutch and noted the shop manual. I am hoping I can get it adjusted without much problem.

I also noticed just how dried and old the wiring system is on this model. I have also found its not an easy harness to buy at all. I hope it works enough to get me started and I can work on it later.

Lastly, I am hoping I got all my connections right on starter, generator etc. Electric I my weakest know-how. Pretty sure I got distributor correct. Any advice welcome.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #2  
Things are moving along and with another few hours or so I can turn the key and hope for the best. Today was nut and bolt day as I got distributor in, starter, generator, manifold, carb and other misc parts. Its just was not possible to torque manifold bolts down and that bothers me as I know the potential for problems later. If someone knows the secret, please tell. All I have left is to mount the tank (needs painting), fuel line, radiator and hoses and battery. Front end also.

I previously mentioned taking the clutch and getting it redone completely. As I stepped on the pedal I could feel the first clutch grab but ran out of travel for the second to engage. I have read the thread on clutch and noted the shop manual. I am hoping I can get it adjusted without much problem.

I also noticed just how dried and old the wiring system is on this model. I have also found its not an easy harness to buy at all. I hope it works enough to get me started and I can work on it later.

Lastly, I am hoping I got all my connections right on starter, generator etc. Electric I my weakest know-how. Pretty sure I got distributor correct. Any advice welcome.

Did you follow the wiring diagram from the OP manual?

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #4  
No pictures???.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #5  
   / More progress on my 135 rebuild
I found the diagram in the shop manual. Forgive me but I don't know what OP means. Are you saying their is a diagram on the tractor? The tractor is in my friends barn and its not well lit. I will get some pics when I get the front end on and out in the sun.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #7  
I found the diagram in the shop manual. Forgive me but I don't know what OP means. Are you saying their is a diagram on the tractor? The tractor is in my friends barn and its not well lit. I will get some pics when I get the front end on and out in the sun.

OP= Operators manual.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #8  
murphy1244 said:
OP= Operators manual.

I thought it was "original poster" or sometimes referred to as the "operator". Is there a manual that comes with this forum? :)

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #9  
Forester Massey said:

Which bolts are you referring to on the manifold? Top ones or end?

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #10  
I thought it was "original poster" or sometimes referred to as the "operator". Is there a manual that comes with this forum? :)

Sometimes I think there should be.