Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

Default More progress on my 135 rebuild

Things are moving along and with another few hours or so I can turn the key and hope for the best. Today was nut and bolt day as I got distributor in, starter, generator, manifold, carb and other misc parts. Its just was not possible to torque manifold bolts down and that bothers me as I know the potential for problems later. If someone knows the secret, please tell. All I have left is to mount the tank (needs painting), fuel line, radiator and hoses and battery. Front end also.

I previously mentioned taking the clutch and getting it redone completely. As I stepped on the pedal I could feel the first clutch grab but ran out of travel for the second to engage. I have read the thread on clutch and noted the shop manual. I am hoping I can get it adjusted without much problem.

I also noticed just how dried and old the wiring system is on this model. I have also found its not an easy harness to buy at all. I hope it works enough to get me started and I can work on it later.

Lastly, I am hoping I got all my connections right on starter, generator etc. Electric I my weakest know-how. Pretty sure I got distributor correct. Any advice welcome.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: More progress on my 135 rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Forester Massey View Post
    Things are moving along and with another few hours or so I can turn the key and hope for the best. Today was nut and bolt day as I got distributor in, starter, generator, manifold, carb and other misc parts. Its just was not possible to torque manifold bolts down and that bothers me as I know the potential for problems later. If someone knows the secret, please tell. All I have left is to mount the tank (needs painting), fuel line, radiator and hoses and battery. Front end also.

I previously mentioned taking the clutch and getting it redone completely. As I stepped on the pedal I could feel the first clutch grab but ran out of travel for the second to engage. I have read the thread on clutch and noted the shop manual. I am hoping I can get it adjusted without much problem.

I also noticed just how dried and old the wiring system is on this model. I have also found its not an easy harness to buy at all. I hope it works enough to get me started and I can work on it later.

Lastly, I am hoping I got all my connections right on starter, generator etc. Electric I my weakest know-how. Pretty sure I got distributor correct. Any advice welcome.
    Did you follow the wiring diagram from the OP manual?
    Murph ------------

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Did you follow the wiring diagram from the OP manual?
    No, I did not. went on memory. I will need to look at it. Is the op manual same as shop manual?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF

No pictures???.

Tractor

No, I did not. went on memory. I will need to look at it. Is the op manual same as shop manual?
    No. There's actually a wiring diagram on it
    Murph ------------

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 135

I found the diagram in the shop manual. Forgive me but I don't know what OP means. Are you saying their is a diagram on the tractor? The tractor is in my friends barn and its not well lit. I will get some pics when I get the front end on and out in the sun.

Tractor

I found the diagram in the shop manual. Forgive me but I don't know what OP means. Are you saying their is a diagram on the tractor? The tractor is in my friends barn and its not well lit. I will get some pics when I get the front end on and out in the sun.
    OP= Operators manual.
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244

OP= Operators manual.
    I thought it was "original poster" or sometimes referred to as the "operator". Is there a manual that comes with this forum?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by Forester Massey

Which bolts are you referring to on the manifold? Top ones or end?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    I thought it was "original poster" or sometimes referred to as the "operator". Is there a manual that comes with this forum?
    Sometimes I think there should be.
    Murph ------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast