F40 restoration

/ F40 restoration #1  

F40 man

Tractor
Fergusen F40
I am rebuilding the transmission on my f40 fergusen and was wondering if anyone knows where I can order the right bearings and seals so when I take it apart I can put it right back together

/ F40 restoration #2  
F40 man said:
I am rebuilding the transmission on my f40 fergusen and was wondering if anyone knows where I can order the right bearings and seals so when I take it apart I can put it right back together

Personally I would leave it alone till I had in my possession a factory service manual. You could do more harm than good. you are relying on the knowledge base of this forum to guide you. That's all good if you know something about the mechanics of what your doing and you would be looking for helpful advise. My advise is to be patient and get the manual, then ask questions on parts you don't understand. Let's see some pictures of what your doing as well. Happy Holidays. -robert

/ F40 restoration
I should have taken some before and after pictures, but kinda forgot the "before" ones.So I'll do the best I can on the way. Anyway I started a restoration on a fergusen F40 that has been in our family and was purchased new in 1956. Many years of use and sometimes misuse have taken its toll. It was parked 6-7 years ago when the transmision started giving problems (reverser gear and bearings). It was painted the wrong color over the years sometime so the re-painting is going to involve a little more work. As far as the transmission goes, I am fairly experienced in mechanical work and have the help of a top notch mechanic. I was just hoping to get the right bearings and seals before dis-assembly so that his work would be easier. This isn't totally necessary, but would be nice Thanks for the reply Mike