Permatran III Replacement

/ Permatran III Replacement #1  

klancf51

Silver Member
Tractor
CASE IH, Massey Ferguson, Ford
I was searching for a suitable replacement for Permatran III and I came across Valvoline Unitrac Fluid (http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/hd_unitrac.pdf). It is available through NAPA Auto Parts as part number VAL 813 in 5 gallon size. Note that Valvoline claims: "Meets or exceeds the following current specifications (Where appropriate viscosity grade applies)." including Massey Ferguson M1141(Permatran III), M1143, M1135. Unitrac also meets or exceeds older specs: Massey Ferguson M-1129-A, M-1127-B, M-1127-A, M-1110.
Its pricey, but Valvoline claims to meet manufacturers specifications and Unitrac is available from NAPA. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
   / Permatran III Replacement #2  
I belive using any other than Permatran in your tractor voids the warrenty.

/ Permatran III Replacement #3  
I belive using any other than Permatran in your tractor voids the warrenty.

That is not true as long as the oil meets the spec... unless the factory oil is provided free of charge during the warranty period.

At least not in the US. That was part of the Magnuson Moss Act. (1975)

/ Permatran III Replacement #4  
DT86 said:
That is not true as long as the oil meets the spec... unless the factory oil is provided free of charge during the warranty period.

At least not in the US. That was part of the Magnuson Moss Act. (1975)

Ok. I did not know that.

We always just by it by the 5gallon pail. That way its always on hand.

/ Permatran III Replacement #5  
I think his tractor is a MF 135 that was last built in 75.

/ Permatran III Replacement #6  
What price are you guys finding MF Permatran III transmission fluid for in your area per gal?

/ Permatran III Replacement
What price are you guys finding MF Permatran III transmission fluid for in your area per gal?
Here in western PA Coastal Multi-Trac retails for $49 per 5 gallons. Valvoline Unitrac is over $100 for 5 gallons.

/ Permatran III Replacement #8  
Here in NC I was quoted $83 for a 5 gal bucket:confused3: My tractors are 80' and 84' models so warranty is no problem.