New MF 150 Owner

/ New MF 150 Owner #1  

AWhite70

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 150
Hello, I'm new to this forum and also a new owner of a MF 150, Z-145, Multi-Power, 2391 indicated hours. Bought this tractor in Northern Missouri for $550. It runs but needs work, likely a set of rings. Going by the serial number I believe it's a 1965. Couldn't pass up a running tractor for so little. Would welcome any feedback on how I did, also input on things I should look at, plan on repairing, etc. I don't know much about these tractors but am very mechanical, please tell me what I need to know. Also what is the best source for parts and a good service manual? Below are some pictures. Thanks in advance

2013-01-20_11-03-24_15.jpg2013-01-21_11-50-21_734.jpg2013-01-21_11-50-08_296.jpg2013-01-21_11-49-39_256.jpg

/ New MF 150 Owner #2  
Hello, I'm new to this forum and also a new owner of a MF 150, Z-145, Multi-Power, 2391 indicated hours. Bought this tractor in Northern Missouri for $550. It runs but needs work, likely a set of rings. Going by the serial number I believe it's a 1965. Couldn't pass up a running tractor for so little. Would welcome any feedback on how I did, also input on things I should look at, plan on repairing, etc. I don't know much about these tractors but am very mechanical, please tell me what I need to know. Also what is the best source for parts and a good service manual? Below are some pictures. Thanks in advance

Great find. The sheet metal on it looks like it's in really good shape. Google AGCO Massey Ferguson Dealers in your area. You may have one close which will save you alot of bucks on shipping. Before you do anything, go ahead a aquire the service manual.

Goto www.agcopubs.com and order the manuals you'll need. Good investment that can be passed on to the new owner at a later date.

View attachment 298846

You will want to check the condition of the tranny oil to see it's condition. It should almost be clear to very light syrup color. If it's light brown the oil has water in it and will drastically effect your hydraulics. Water can get in thru the shifter boots. The tranny dipstick is located under the seat on the right side of the tractor right below the draft responce lever. Check your engine oil. That dipstick is on the left front side. Parts are still available for the Z145 for a rebuild if needed.

Welcome to TractorByNet. Lots of helpful friendly people here.

Last edited:
   / New MF 150 Owner #3  
:welcome:

/ New MF 150 Owner #4  
Welcome to the forum.

/ New MF 150 Owner #5  
Is that a Woods L59 belly mower under it?? I paid $550 for one in nice shape 6 years ago. The rest of the tractor has a lot of potential with a little TLC. It was a steal!! I never come up with sweet deal like this.

Dan

/ New MF 150 Owner
It is a Woods belly mower, not sure of the model. It has some wear but looks to be workable with some maintenance.

/ New MF 150 Owner #7  
Hello, I'm new to this forum and also a new owner of a MF 150, Z-145, Multi-Power, 2391 indicated hours. Bought this tractor in Northern Missouri for $550. It runs but needs work, likely a set of rings. Going by the serial number I believe it's a 1965. Couldn't pass up a running tractor for so little.

$550 for a running MF-150 is a steal. A complete engine overhaul (assuming it needs one) would only cost around $1000 and factoring in any other needed repairs, you'll still come out way ahead. Great find. :thumbsup: