We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #11  
Found the carb problem. My error on float assembly. I too ordered a new fuel bowl and cutoff valve. My cutoff valve broke when I tried to close it during tear down. Couple questions Kid.

1. I have a leak in the gas tank float for fuel gauge. Is it your experience it will hold laying in the fuel all the time?

2. This question might require a pic to go with it. Once I got the tractor started, the hydraulic leaks began to appear. The worst leak was from two bolts located just below the seat on the transmission. If I remember right, one was slightly higher elevation than the other. If you are sitting on the seat, they are in the 10-11 o'clock position. If this is not clear, I will get a pic next time I am out there. Are these bolts I can remove and put a new seal on or use thread tape to fix. Obviously, they are under pressure. I want to change fluid but want to get leaks taken care of.

The float, you have two options. Pull it from the tank. Easy enough being on top. Let the float drain and see if you can spot the crack and repair with some JB weld. If not order you a new similar sending unit which should also come with new gasket. I had to replace mine because the resistance winding was shot.

The bolts that hold the seat will definitely have to be sealed with either wipe on thread sealant or tape sealant. Sounds like your right on track. Post some pictures of your progress so we can pick it apart or point fingers.. <jk> :laughing: -robert

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild
Thanks, I will get some pictures and post them. They are not bolts holding the seat, just located in front of the seat. The pictures will show what I am talking about. In regards to tank. I found hole and have float drained and dry. I tried another glue type stuff and it did not work. JB might be the trick.

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #13  
Thanks, I will get some pictures and post them. They are not bolts holding the seat, just located in front of the seat. The pictures will show what I am talking about. In regards to tank. I found hole and have float drained and dry. I tried another glue type stuff and it did not work. JB might be the trick.

That's on a plate?

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #14  

Give it a bit of sanding in that area and clean it off before applying just enough to cover the crack/hole.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #15  

You must be referring to the hydraulic pump cover. bolts goes all the way around the seat. Did you remove it at one point while working on your tractor?

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #17  
Once I got the tractor started, the hydraulic leaks began to appear. The worst leak was from two bolts located just below the seat on the transmission. If I remember right, one was slightly higher elevation than the other. If you are sitting on the seat, they are in the 10-11 o'clock position.

They are not bolts holding the seat, just located in front of the seat.

Your hydraulic standpipe o-rings are leaking. The following parts will be needed for repair, and should only cost a few dollars.

Quantity - Part No. - Description
3 - 195561M1 - "O" Ring (3/8" I.D. x 1/16")
2 - 195874M1 - Washer, Special

To replace the o-rings and backup washers, remove the two bolts and gently pry up the cover plate (shown in yellow) using a screwdriver. The standpipe, which connects the hydraulic pump to the lift cylinder, may or may not come up with the cover plate. If not, you may need to drain some hydraulic fluid, then remove the draft response control cover plate (shown in red), the one with the hydraulic fluid dipstick, to gain access to the standpipe for removal without damage. Do not use pliers or Vise Grips on the tip of the standpipe to attempt removal, as you can easily damage the o-ring sealing surfaces.

24fadc5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info MasseyWV. However, the leak is just a few inches on the other side of the transmission. Still on top. If you are sitting on the seat, its about 10-11 o'clock. I will get a pic this weekend.

Wanted to mention, I found a supplier for a wiring harness for this tractor. I could only find them for the Perkins but a company out of New York called Agri-Services, (wiringharnesses.com) makes on for ours. Its for the engine only, not lights. Looks like about $89. Possibly you can make your own but it would be easier for me to get one ready to go. Mine is junk.

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #19  
Thanks for the info MasseyWV. However, the leak is just a few inches on the other side of the transmission. Still on top. If you are sitting on the seat, its about 10-11 o'clock. I will get a pic this weekend.

Unless your Massey 135 tractor is equipped with a diverter valve and/or rear remotes, the only other area where pressurized hydraulic fluid might leak externally near the seat is highlighted in yellow in the image below. The allen head pipe plug on the side can be sealed with teflon tape and the upper plug uses a special sealing gasket. If required, the part number for the sealing gasket is 826238M1.

2w24hli.jpg

That is it Massey. Its the upper plug. When I get it running this weekend I will confirm and check for other leaks. I have already ordered seal for pto.