We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #51  
I fixed up a Perkins gas 135 and if I don't shut off my bowl valve my needle will leak on me also. It's ok during a day of use but if it sits, the valve needs to be closed...

Tighten that brass nut behind the cutoff will solve that leak. -kid

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #52  
Not the valve itself through the packing but the carb needle. The issue corrected itself with some use. I also had an aftermarket tank valve that wouldn't seat tightly and ended up with the oem Agco one and its perfect. X3 the price though!

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #53  
I have not drained out all fluid as I want to run a flush through it to unstick any valves and get other contaminates out before I fully drain. I plan to put a high quality synthetic tractor hydraulic oil, so its important to me to get as much out of the change as possible. My friends told me that they got it to go up and down once right after we got it started. I am hoping the flush and oil change will go the trick. But if I have to drain again, that's o.k. It looks like I won't have to drain all of it.

We haven't heard from you in a few days. You getting any seat time yet? -kid

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild
We haven't heard from you in a few days. You getting any seat time yet? -kid

No seat time yet. Waiting for new rocker arm tube that should have been here last week. Hopefully here tomorrow. I have done some scrapping and cleaning around the tranny area, just cleaning things up. I am going to go ahead and drain hydraulic fluid soon but wanted to get motor back and going so I can see what is going on with hydraulics before I put side plates back on. Also ordered radiator pads. I did not see any when I removed old radiator but figured they should be there for a reason.

/ We have liftoff of my Massey 135 Rebuild #55  
No seat time yet. Waiting for new rocker arm tube that should have been here last week. Hopefully here tomorrow. I have done some scrapping and cleaning around the tranny area, just cleaning things up. I am going to go ahead and drain hydraulic fluid soon but wanted to get motor back and going so I can see what is going on with hydraulics before I put side plates back on. Also ordered radiator pads. I did not see any when I removed old radiator but figured they should be there for a reason.

Be sure there are pads on your gas tank too. front and rear and don't over tighten them.

I just discovered that my centrifical weights in the distributor where frozen. Seems the springs broke and got wedged in the outer points mounting plate and cut three groves into the inside of the distributor housing. I've got to find some compatiable weight springs now Summitt Racing has a set of light, med, strong for about $7. I may order them and then play around with the combination to get the power curve right. I keep looking for that dark cloud over me. Later -kid