MF 40B Help Please

/ MF 40B Help Please #1  

DanDif518

Tractor
MF 40B
Hello. I am new to the forum as well as the proud owner of a MF40B! I got her last week.

I have a few questions if everybody wouldn't mind?

The first is, I cannot for the life of me, find where you would check and add power steering fluid. I hear it
's near the front of the motor but I can't seem to find it. Btw, it's a Perkins deisel with instant reverse. Also, do you use regular ATF fluid for the power steering?

One other thing, I see a filter on the left side of engine(if looking at it from the front of the machine)that looks like a regular automotive filter. Would that be it and the only one for engine oil? I want to get the oil and filter changed and was going to use Rotella 15w 40w dino oil. I was thinking maybe Rotella synthetic 5w 40w but not sure if I should.

Thanks people! Dan

Attachments

• 3Ff3L73M95Ne5L85K6d1a0aba85e4f1ac11c8.jpg
    3Ff3L73M95Ne5L85K6d1a0aba85e4f1ac11c8.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,665
   / MF 40B Help Please #2  
Pictures of the items in queston would help for those of us who are not familiar with your specific machine.

/ MF 40B Help Please #4  
The power steering fluid is added through the Steering pump, its gear driven on the front of the engine, reservoir has a pipe plug in the side of it. remove the plug and fluid level is bottom of the plug. Sometimes they can be a real pain to get all the air bled out. replace the plug, leave the kill pull out, turn the engine over and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock 3 times, remove the plug and allow the air to escape, top fluid back off and repeat. usually takes about 3 times to get all air out. You can tun DEXRON II in it or an AW 32 viscosity, the 32 will have a tendency to aerate an foam a bit more than the DEXRON II. The filter that you refer to is the engine oil filter.

/ MF 40B Help Please #6  
Nice tractor!