Forum Suggestion

/ Forum Suggestion #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
After reading a number of recent threads about the TO-35, MF-35, and MF-135 tractors, I noticed that there tends to be some confusion about which forum is appropriate. Then it occurred to me that the description for this forum could potentially lead to additional confusion.

The description for this forum states "Discuss pre-1970s Massey Ferguson tractors and equipment in this forum.", but rather than stating "pre-1970's" it might be better to state "pre-1980's" because Massey Ferguson tractors such as the MF-135 and many industrial variants were produced both in the 1960's and 1970's. In addition, creating a sticky thread for each Massey Ferguson forum, listing the appropriate models, etc... might also be a good idea.

Granted, it's impossible to avoid all confusion, but every little bit helps. :)

/ Forum Suggestion #2  
After reading a number of recent threads about the TO-35, MF-35, and MF-135 tractors, I noticed that there tends to be some confusion about which forum is appropriate. Then it occurred to me that the description for this forum could potentially lead to additional confusion.

The description for this forum states "Discuss pre-1970s Massey Ferguson tractors and equipment in this forum.", but rather than stating "pre-1970's" it might be better to state "pre-1980's" because Massey Ferguson tractors such as the MF-135 and many industrial variants were produced both in the 1960's and 1970's. In addition, creating a sticky thread for each Massey Ferguson forum, listing the appropriate models, etc... might also be a good idea.

Granted, it's impossible to avoid all confusion, but every little bit helps. :)

And the 135 was built thru 1975 I believe.

/ Forum Suggestion #3  
And the 135 was built thru 1975 I believe.
The description was not my doing. Maybe change it to "Old M..F..'s Classic and Vintage" :laughing: and let the postee decide.

/ Forum Suggestion
The description was not my doing. Maybe change it to "Old M..F..'s Classic and Vintage" :laughing: and let the postee decide.

Personally, I like having the Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage" forum separate and think the name is fine, it's just the date in the description that made me think it might cause a bit of confusion. It's just a suggestion, and I posted it here so that everyone could provide feedback just in case the admin decides to make a change. :)

/ Forum Suggestion #5  
Personally, I like having the Massey Ferguson Classic/Vintage" forum separate and think the name is fine, it's just the date in the description that made me think it might cause a bit of confusion. It's just a suggestion, and I posted it here so that everyone could provide feedback just in case the admin decides to make a change. :)

When I orignally suggested this to Muhammad I did mention when I think of Vintage I think of pre-fifties and classics 60's and 70's. I think he can change it to what we decide best fits without confusion. I would however like to see more vintage tractor owners here. Maybe it could say "Massey Ferguson tractors made prior mid eighties" or "Massey Ferguson tractors 200, 100 series and ealier" which should cover just about everyone still running a clutch.

/ Forum Suggestion
When I orignally suggested this to Muhammad I did mention when I think of Vintage I think of pre-fifties and classics 60's and 70's. I think he can change it to what we decide best fits without confusion. I would however like to see more vintage tractor owners here. Maybe it could say "Massey Ferguson tractors made prior mid eighties" or "Massey Ferguson tractors 200, 100 series and ealier" which should cover just about everyone still running a clutch.

To be honest, I'm not sure what date would be best, but after some thought it seemed to me that pre-1980's was about right. I was still not certain what to suggest, so I decided to create this thread and see what everyone else thought. Either way, I'd also like to see more vintage tractor owners here and thought this might help.

/ Forum Suggestion #7  
To be honest, I'm not sure what date would be best, but after some thought it seemed to me that pre-1980's was about right. I was still not certain what to suggest, so I decided to create this thread and see what everyone else thought. Either way, I'd also like to see more vintage tractor owners here and thought this might help.

Ten how about "Discussion of Massey Ferguson tractors 200, 100 series and earlier"

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ Forum Suggestion
Ten how about "Discussion of Massey Ferguson tractors 200, 100 series and earlier"

I thought of something similar, but it somehow seems too limiting. There are so many vintage models to consider, then there are the industrial tractors like the Massey 2135, not to mention the larger ones. It's a tough call indeed.

Maybe the best approach would be to try assembling a list of tractors along with the dates they were made, to see if a clear pattern or division emerges.

/ Forum Suggestion #9  
I thought of something similar, but it somehow seems too limiting. There are so many vintage models to consider, then there are the industrial tractors like the Massey 2135, not to mention the larger ones. It's a tough call indeed.

Maybe the best approach would be to try assembling a list of tractors along with the dates they were made, to see if a clear pattern or division emerges.

The Massey 2135 is a series 100 tractor built for commercial use. If they don't know that hanging around will give them and education.

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ Forum Suggestion #10  
Hey guys, another "vintage" Ferguson owner checking in after a long break of not coming to TBN. 1957 TO-35. Really glad to see the MF section created. Haven't had any problems in a while and that's a good thing, guess I could stop by and say hi once in a while when I don't need anything...lol.