Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Default new (to me) 1954 TO-30

My first tractor. Found it locally on Craigslist. Couple pics attached from the Craigslist post. Previous owner delivered it for free and I already started using the blade to work on my driveway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new (to me) 1954 TO-30-30_1.jpg   new (to me) 1954 TO-30-30_2.jpg  

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Default Re: new (to me) 1954 TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by dbotos View Post
    My first tractor. Found it locally on Craigslist. Couple pics attached from the Craigslist post. Previous owner delivered it for free and I already started using the blade to work on my driveway.
    Ann another satisfied Craigslist buyer. I too bought mine off CL. Yes I'd be proud of that classic too. Take care. -robert
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

Cool.

Here's the first thing I'm making for it. Drawbar-mounted hitch adapter so I can move around all the other stuff in my driveway. Gotta make a Harbor Freight run tomorrow to get a piece of hitch receiver tubing. Got the drawbar already from Tractor Supply and picked up the bolts, washers, and nuts when I was at Lowe's today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new (to me) 1954 TO-30-drawbar_mount_hitch_on_drawbar.png  

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

you can get plenty of work out of that machine!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

I hope to. I've also got one of these Swisher box scrapers with teeth that I had bought for my ATV that I'd like to try with the tractor too. I got a good deal on it as a scratch-and-dent on eBay. I think it had a few little chips in the paint and one bent corner that I straightened with a crescent wrench. It's only 4' wide, but it's got the teeth, which should come in handy on the driveway. Should be able drill a couple holes in some 2" box tubing to mate it up to the hitch adapter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new (to me) 1954 TO-30-swisher_box_scraper_with_teeth_line_drawing.png  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1957 Ferguson 35, 1977? Yanmar 2200, 1963 Cub Cadet Original

dbotos, do a search of my name and look at my posting to another hitch builder. Lots of ideas for that hitch. They are basically what you are already thinking, use the hitch and slide in a piece of tubing and build/adapt whatever you want from there. The 140 Farmall had a 1 point "fast hitch". This can be used as a 1 point reciever hitch. Same idea but using what we can get our hands on easiest.

I see you already have the drawbar and I have one built like that too, works great. Most car dealers take off the heavy towing hitches from their trade in vehicles. They don't want the new buyer to realize it was used for towing, decreases price. So if you know a car dealer lots of times they have lots of reciever hitches laying behind the shop from taking them off. You've already got the reciever tube mounted on a piece of tubing mounting to the frame. Cut it off the desired width, mount your pins, build the upright going to the top link. I use a mobile home spring hanger axle bracket on top of my upright to connect the top link. Could buy them for 1.00 or so and it fits the top of the tubing perfect, just have to drill the hole out bigger. When you drill it bigger the hole gets sort of close to the outside, closer than it would if I drilled it from scratch, but I have several already out in the field working and it hasn't given any of us a problem yet. It saves having to build the plates and drill them, ready made part basically.

There is lots you can do with that hitch, you're basically just getting started when you build it.
    modify, adjust and improvise....a country boy can survive

Elite Member
    Tractor

I hope to. I've also got one of these Swisher box scrapers with teeth that I had bought for my ATV that I'd like to try with the tractor too.
    I'd be very careful if you use the Swisher box scraper with your tractor because it's probably not strong enough to take the kind of stresses a tractor like the TO-30 can generate. BTW: Nice looking tractor!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-30

6011Artist - found that other post - lots of good ideas in there:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ler-mover.html

MasseyWV - it's fairly heavy-duty for an ATV implement, but I'll be gentle with it.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

6011Artist - found that other post - lots of good ideas in there:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ler-mover.html

MasseyWV - it's fairly heavy-duty for an ATV implement, but I'll be gentle with it.
    tractors make pretzles out of lawnmower and atv implements.

be doubly carefull.