'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #131  
G'day I have come across this before and have had good success with the spline type bits you get in the boxed kits of inhex sockets, the ones with allen keys, torx and spline. Just get a punch as close to the same size of the capscrew and give it a couple of good cracks with the hammer and then drive a slightly larger spline bit into the head of the screw and gently try and remove.

Jon

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #132  
When I lower the 3ph using the left aux. control lever, if I try to go down fast or full stroke on the lever, I can feel something "bouncing" back. Almost like the cylinder was hitting a gear or something.

Lugnut, did you ever get the auxiliary valve off your tractor and get it back running again. I spoke to my dealer about the function of the left hand lever and he explained it just the same as Hutch did. My three point never lowered pushing the left lever forward without anything on the lift arms and was told that by operating it this way, I may need to have an implement on it for additional weight. He told me that the system has to overcome oil pressure built up in the lines and lowering may be slower than if you just operate the three point with the left lever pulled back and held by the detent and operating the three point with the standard controls on the right side of the seat. He also said that if you operate the three point from the standard controls it will maintain height whereas if you operate through the auxiliary valve it will continue to fall if there is some leakage somewhere in the system. So just guessing the negative feedback you spoke of may be the system overcoming the built up oil pressure. Maybe Hutch can weigh in on these ideas.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
Well I got the auxiliary controls off today and found out I am missing an o-ring that I will need for the plate. But that is minor, I cranked the tractor (before I realized there was an o-ring missing because the dealer told me there wasn't one needed) and the lift goes up no matter where the controls are. It was constantly raising at low idle and I was manipulating the draft and position levers with no effect at all. When it got to full up position, that's when the oil pressure over came the machine fit and started leaking where I am missing an o-ring. I don't know what to do now. Seems it's not as easy as replacing the aux. manifold with the plate after all....

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #134  
Well I got the auxiliary controls off today and found out I am missing an o-ring that I will need for the plate. But that is minor, I cranked the tractor (before I realized there was an o-ring missing because the dealer told me there wasn't one needed) and the lift goes up no matter where the controls are. It was constantly raising at low idle and I was manipulating the draft and position levers with no effect at all. When it got to full up position, that's when the oil pressure over came the machine fit and started leaking where I am missing an o-ring. I don't know what to do now. Seems it's not as easy as replacing the aux. manifold with the plate after all....

I looked at the parts breakdown trying to figure out the solution and the only thing I could come up with is there any posibility of the cover turned 180 degrees. It looks like there is a port on the side of the plate and it needs to be on the right hand side of the tractor. Other than that I can't imagine that there is anything else that needs to be changed. Did the three point operate with both the draft and position controls before removing the auxiliary valve with the left hand auxiliary valve pulled and held toward the seat? If all else fails you'll have to put the valve back on until someone comes up with a solution. If the plate can be turned wrong the fluid flow may bypass a relief passage or something. Keep us informed.

Well the strange thing is, the cover only fits one what with the pipe inserted into the bottom of it. And it only fits backwards of the way the parts diagrams show it. So now I'm all confused...

I'll have to get some pics and post later, but the 1/8" pipe plug is located on the inside on mine and the outside on the parts diagram. The way it is on mine lines up with the oil port and looks to be correct. But maybe it isn't, but if it isn't, does the pipe need to be removed with the auxiliary controls?

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #136  
Well the strange thing is, the cover only fits one what with the pipe inserted into the bottom of it. And it only fits backwards of the way the parts diagrams show it. So now I'm all confused...

I'll have to get some pics and post later, but the 1/8" pipe plug is located on the inside on mine and the outside on the parts diagram. The way it is on mine lines up with the oil port and looks to be correct. But maybe it isn't, but if it isn't, does the pipe need to be removed with the auxiliary controls?

I found a thread with a picture of the cover. although it was a mf245 I would imagine its the same and the plug is to the inside also. From what I have read in other posts of people removing the lift cover the stand pipe always is mentioned and I have never heard anyone speak of auxiliary valves in those threads so I would guess thats not the problem. What's confusing is that in the IT service manual it shows that cover with the plug on the right also.

Well here's the pic of mine:
null_zps68367f53.jpg

Well I decided to dive into my hydraulic issue and attempt to fix it, or at least find out what's wrong. This is what a found:
null_zps2d036085.jpg

I couldn't get it to adjust like the directions said it should, now I think I left it too tight because my 3 point lift won't do anything... Anybody ever adjusted this and could maybe give me some pointers?

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #139  
Well I decided to dive into my hydraulic issue and attempt to fix it, or at least find out what's wrong. This is what a found:
null_zps2d036085.jpg

I couldn't get it to adjust like the directions said it should, now I think I left it too tight because my 3 point lift won't do anything... Anybody ever adjusted this and could maybe give me some pointers?

see if you can pm Hutch, shona13 is his sign in name he'd be the one to help you.

Sorry I have been really busy and haven't had a chance (nor will I for several days) to work on it. I plan on removing the response control again and go through some of the steps from the manual and see what happens. I think I tightened that bolt up too much when I put it back together, I don't know. I will PM Hutch though. I need all the help I can get. Thanks

Just for reference, I snapped a couple pics of the pages from my manual that I was using.
null_zps83462332.jpg

null_zpsab8366fe.jpg