'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #31  
Yeah a push button start switch would be just like my momentary key switch.

I wired the white wire (#1 wire) up through the oil pressure switch and proved that it works, but I'm fairly certain that the alternator is bad. I am going to take it off and get it tested. That will at least confirm that my wiring job isn't the issue.

Here's a few more pictures I snapped with it idling and the hood removed.

Maybe someone can help me out with my confusion on my hydraulic controls with these pics...

Can someone tell me where I can find this floor board bracket?

I like the picture with the wire setup. That's a true blue farmers tractor for sure. :)

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
The dual hydraulic valve is a standard Massey Ferguson attachment. Yes, you are correct based on my conversations with a dealer, the left hand handle has to be pulled toward the seat and locked in the detent for the draft and position controls to work. My tractor has the same valve and it operates the same way. The right hand handle will control either a single acting cylinder or a double acting cylinder. This feature is controlled by a screw- in valve on the front of the valve. This screw in valve needs to be screwed in all the way to operate a double acting cylinder and out for a single acting cylinders.

Thanks for that info. I guess I need to find an operators manual for this thing, I was raised in the back woods of Mississippi but we never had a tractor so I was never around them much. All I knew the 3 point did was go up and down, ha, I know that's terrible. But I am learning!!

I like the picture with the wire setup. That's a true blue farmers tractor for sure. :)

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

HA! Yeah that's a 30 minute, grab what wire I have lying around along with tie wraps and see what I can make happen. Turned out decent with what I had to work with.

I've always worked somewhere that I could "gleen" scrap wire to use for projects like this. I've since taken an office job and work somewhere that I don't have access to any of that any longer.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #34  
HA! Yeah that's a 30 minute, grab what wire I have lying around along with tie wraps and see what I can make happen. Turned out decent with what I had to work with.

I've always worked somewhere that I could "gleen" scrap wire to use for projects like this. I've since taken an office job and work somewhere that I don't have access to any of that any longer.

It's handy to have some wire in your toolbox on a tractor Ya never know when you'll need it. Heck I had a tailpipe wired up with coat hanger wire for over two years when I was in high school. If you need any sheetmetal for your 135. Look me up before you go to a store. I've got a few new pieces laying around.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #35  
The owners manual while being a very usefull document, it does not explain the operation of the auxilary valve. It does explain when to use the draft verses position control and the constant pumping feature for use with an auxilary hydraulic cylinder. The information I provided was given to me by a very helpfull dealer in my area. The right hand side of the auxilary valve was intended for use with another accessory called a breakaway coupler which consisted of two hydraulic hoses that connected to the top of the valve and ran to the back of the tractor to operate a hydraulic cylinder on an implement. The hydraulic hoses have quick couplers on them that will automaticly disconnect if the implement breaks free of the tractors so you don't stretch and break the hoses. This accessory is also detailed in agcopartsbooks.com in the accessory section listed as breakaway coupler 677282

So what is the purpose in the left control valve? So I can lock the left control valve in the rear detent position and use my normal controls?

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #37  
The fact that the left hand lever controls the three point really never made sense to me but when I ran my fel off the standard tractor hydraulics, I had to have both the position and draft control levers all the way back with the one in the constant pumping position. I was able to leave the left lever in the center position and l could leave the three point arm down with no pressure to them. I then used the right lever to raise and lower the loader. I had single acting cylinders for the lift on the loader. I could also have a rear blade on the three point and operate them separately but not at the same time. I now have an auxiliary single acting hydraulic system with a pump run off the front pulley of the engine. I use this for the lift on the fel and use the tractor hydraulics for hydraulic dump for an oversize snow bucket. Its not the handiest setup but the lever for the trip bucket was outside the heathouser on the tractor so I needed to use a rope to trip the bucket which was a bit awkward. The oversize snow bucket is not balanced as is the standard manure bucket so it slammed pretty hard when tripped which made me find an alternate method. Theres a recent post out there I believe it addressed the hydraulics knocking. Hutch is a very experienced mechanic with Massey's gave an explantion and suggestions on three point operation. Check it out or I will find it and let you know.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #38  
That post about hydraulics knocking was originally posted by ArcherXC on 12-10-2012 and Hutch replied explaining three point operation on 12-17-2012. It has some helpfull info. Check it out

I'll have to check it out. You've been very helpful.

Does your left secondary hydraulic lever have some negative feedback when lowering the 3ph? Just curious, mine does.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #40  
not sure what you mean by negative feedback