'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #51  
found a replacement at O'Reillys that was for an 81 Chevrolet truck. Only $48!
Now you know why it's a popular alternator for retrofit

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
Yes I do!

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #53  
Third, my fuel shutoff shaft on my injector pump is leaking pretty bad. I tried getting the gasket and o-rings to repair it from the dealer but it didn't show up on their parts fiche. Don't really know where to find these at, I read some other posts about this fix...

Thanks in advance for any help guys. I really appreciate it.

P.S.: I hope nobody expects this to be a total restoration or anything to go fast, we are getting a new house and funds are extremely short right now, but I plan to fix what I can as soon as I can.
Try reading this thread about the fuel leak if you haven't already. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/144994-c-v-injector-pump-problems.html
While restoration is the ultimate goal for many of us with newly acquired classic tractors the bottom line is we got these tractors to put them to work. My goal is much like yours, get the tractor safe and reliable, then make it purdy.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #54  
While restoration is the ultimate goal for many of us with newly acquired classic tractors the bottom line is we got these tractors to put them to work. My goal is much like yours, get the tractor safe and reliable, then make it purdy.

I agree. Making a tractor mechanically sound (IE: Safe and reliable) should always be priority number one. :thumbsup:

BTW: There are days when I love the print-screen button. :laughing:

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #58  
Well the alternator was bad, found a replacement at O'Reillys that was for an 81 Chevrolet truck. Only $48!
A very popular alternator. I replaced my genny with a 10SI equipped with a tachdrive. I don't really need the tach and the history of hours is unknown. But I wanted it functional using an alternator. It looks like one of the previous owners tried thier hand at fixing it and screwed it up and left it unhooked as a clue. Easy fix. No more jump starts. :D -robert

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
Well, I need to pick me up a toggle switch. I wired it using the oil pressure switch and found out it is NC instead of NO. Which makes sense that if it was used for a low oil pressure indication light it would open during high oil pressure and close at low or no oil pressure.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #60  
Well, I need to pick me up a toggle switch. I wired it using the oil pressure switch and found out it is NC instead of NO. Which makes sense that if it was used for a low oil pressure indication light it would open during high oil pressure and close at low or no oil pressure.

If you where to check continuity thru the OP switch do you get a reading on an ohm meter or is it open ( no reading) with the engine off? As far as I know there was no indicator lamp for low oil pressure on US 135 diesels. It was indicated with the gauge. I may be wrong. All. Indications I've read says the OP pressure switch should NO till the engine is started. The voltage for your fuel gauge is from the oil pressure switch. Shows empty till the oil pressure comes up. One side of the OP also goes to the (+) side of the ampmeter.