'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
The drawing I have for my tractor didn't show an oil pressure switch at all. So I'm assuming this was added either with replacement generic gauges or as attempt to rewire it with the newer style retro-fitted alternator. Either way, the lamp I installed is only on when there is no oil pressure and off when the engine is running and with good oil pressure.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #63  
The drawing I have for my tractor didn't show an oil pressure switch at all. So I'm assuming this was added either with replacement generic gauges or as attempt to rewire it with the newer style retro-fitted alternator. Either way, the lamp I installed is only on when there is no oil pressure and off when the engine is running and with good oil pressure.

Although I've not seen a picture of one. I've read the switch is attached to an original MF oil pressure gauge. Is this a passthru switch, fitted with a T fitting? The oil pressure switche pictures I've seen in the net have two spade terminals on the back. The front has a threaded port. I'm assuming this is fitted to a T going to the oil pressure gauge. someone with a diesel 135 please verify.

When you say drawing. What are you referring to?

I bought a MF 135 shop manual last year and the drawing for the MF 135 with the Perkins diesel is the one I'm referring to. Maybe tomorrow I can get a pic of it uploaded.

And yes it's on a TEE fitting on the back of the oil pressure gauge.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #65  

Unlike the gasoline models, the key switch on the diesel Massey 135 tractors only controls the starter so the oil pressure switch is required to prevent the gauges from draining the battery when the tractor is not running.

Here's a link to a website with a picture of the oil pressure switch.

Brand New MF Oil Pressure Switch 273541m91

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #66  
Just out of curiosity where is that light wired in at and is it hooked to the oil presure gauge line. Alot of people will wire a dash light to a Delco 10SI alternator (known as the idiot light) that don't have gauges or a ACC terminal on the starter switch along with a diode to keep from running the battery down. (gas version)

I wired a pilot light in series with the oil pressure switch. Exactly like the attached image but using the oil pressure switch in place of the ignition switch in this pic.

th

I haven't done a lot of troublshooting on this since I got it hooked up. I installed it yesterday morning and ran it for just a few minutes. It seemed to work ok, I cranked it, the lamp came on for just a second, I cut it off and the light blinked while it was shutting down. I thought I had it until later on last night I noticed a glow from out there and the lamp was on, I cranked the tractor and it went out. So I pulled the bulb out so it didn't run down my battery. It was raining off and on so I didn't stay out there long.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #69  
If I where you instead of replacing that bracket, just unbolt it and take it and have someone tig weld it back together. It probably wouldn't take then less than ten minutes to do. A bit of grinding touch up and and would be good as new. You could take the left one with you for they look to be mirror pieces.

View attachment 305633

Unlike the gasoline models, the key switch on the diesel Massey 135 tractors only controls the starter so the oil pressure switch is required to prevent the gauges from draining the battery when the tractor is not running.

Here's a link to a website with a picture of the oil pressure switch.

Brand New MF Oil Pressure Switch 273541m91

Mine doesn't look at all like this one. And I looked up the Massey Ferguson factory part, searched for it online, and all the pics look like the one you posted, not like the one I have. I look more into it tomorrow and maybe post a pic of it.

The numbers I got are 509682M91 and 1002612M92