'73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #81  
   / '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #82  
That is like mine is now. Although I need to double check some of the wiring that I didn't change around... Like what is on each side of the ammeter for one. I think mine has everything on one side and one wire from the other side to the "+" battery terminal.

I'm not sure how many terminals your start switch button has. Diagrams I looked at show only two.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help
I'm not sure how many terminals your start switch button has. Diagrams I looked at show only two.

That is correct. My start switch has only 2 blade terminals. I didn't get a chance to look at anything this morning. Maybe tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #84  
That is correct. My start switch has only 2 blade terminals. I didn't get a chance to look at anything this morning. Maybe tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

Are you doing the 10sI replacement to get rid of the regulator? if so I am in the same boat and would like to follow along with you.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #85  
Are you doing the 10sI replacement to get rid of the regulator? if so I am in the same boat and would like to follow along with you.
Murf, is yours a diesel?

Are you doing the 10sI replacement to get rid of the regulator?

Yes, kinda, mine was already gone. I am simply trying to wire mine correctly using the 10SI alternator to charge my battery, but not over charge my battery. The link the kid posted above does have some useful information in it.

if so I am in the same boat and would like to follow along with you.

When I know I have it all right and working properly, I will either find a drawing that is like mine or create my own and post it here.

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #87  
Murf, is yours a diesel?

Yes a 1967 diesel, just has a starter switch, no preheat also runs a ammeter. My regulator is bad, I sometimes charge and then poof no charge. So I could replace the Reg or just change the whole thing out. What you guy's think?

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #88  

Is your tractor equipped with a fuel preheater? If so. Is there a seperate switch for it? Does the start switch look original?

Is your tractor equipped with a fuel preheater? If so. Is there a seperate switch for it? Does the start switch look original?

No mine has no preheater. And everything looks to be OEM, including the switch. It's an actual keyswitch with a plastic molded head on the key.

Kinda like this one:

192921M91.JPG

/ '73 MF135 Perkins diesel AD3.152 help #90  
No mine has no preheater. And everything looks to be OEM, including the switch. It's an actual keyswitch with a plastic molded head on the key.

Kinda like this one:

192921M91.JPG

Wow, I'll have to check mine.