Loader What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35?

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #1  

OldSchoolFarm

Tractor
TO - 35
Hi everyone!

We recently purchased a TO-35 and are looking to put a loader on it. I was wondering if anyone knows what a good loader would be to get for it. I'm not looking for a new loader that is made to fit the TO-35 because they cost more than the tractor. Are there any older loaders out there that you know of that fit the TO-35 without having to do too much retrofitting? I'm looking for something that I can rig up pretty easily as I am not really experienced in fabrication.

Thanks in advance for your help!

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #2  
:welcome:to TBN

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #3  
I picked up a Freeman loader several years ago that I believe came off a TO 30 which I think would fit. It looks like the TO35 is a much heavier duty tractor. The loader has a trip bucket with manure tines. Its not an extremely heavy duty loader but would be a lot better than a shovel. It has single acting lift cylinders and has an auxiliary pump mount that replaces the front axle pivot pin which is driven off the front pulley. I can get the model number off it and some basic dimensions to see if it would fit. I'm sure there are others out there from other manufacturers but I'm only familiar with the Freeman other than the Genuine Massey Ferguson early model 32 that I have mounted on my 135. I was just looking at other posts here on the TO35 and have noticed that they all have box style loader arms which are a much heavier duty loader. Mine has a box style lower frame but a tubular style lift arm. I ran across a box style loader arm style at a local dealer but he wanted $1000.00 for it. Although it was probobly worth it, I wasn't ready to spend another thousand at the time after rebuilding the motor. I still have the phone number of the guy I bought the Freeman from and will confirm the tractor model it came off of for reference.

Last edited:
   / What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #4  
Hi everyone!

We recently purchased a TO-35 and are looking to put a loader on it. I was wondering if anyone knows what a good loader would be to get for it. I'm not looking for a new loader that is made to fit the TO-35 because they cost more than the tractor. Are there any older loaders out there that you know of that fit the TO-35 without having to do too much retrofitting? I'm looking for something that I can rig up pretty easily as I am not really experienced in fabrication.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't know if either are still in bussiness. I have seen Kelley and Superior mounted on a TO35 from pictures. The Kelley looks a bit lightweight though.

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #5  
   / What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #6  
I dont have model numbers but Freeman and Davis made loaders for them. They are fairly common and show up often on CL and tractorhouse. I found one 13 yrs ago and put it on my tractor...I sold the loader off my MF35 last year. You may be able to find a tractor with the loader and buy it already setup. I had to add larger tires to mine to get enough weight. Great tractors and really loved mine with the loader. 212.jpg

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #7  
My 1955 TO-35 has a Wagner front end loader . I believe the nameplate says " Wagner Iron Works". Apparently they were fairly common , since I saw a replacement hydraulic pump ( front of engine mounted) in a surplus catalog that was identified as being suitable to replace the one that came with the Wagner loaders. It's a well built loader, and has a bucket that dumps via a hydraulic cylinder. I usually don't keep the bucket on the loader, except when I need it. My TO-35 does not have power steering, and with the bucket installed the steering gets a bit heavy, and the rear traction suffers too. One other consideration is the capacity of the front axle pivot assembly. The front beam axle pivots around a steel tube ( tubing so that the hydraulic pump shaft can go through it).
The pivot tube is supported by castings at the front and rear. One of those castings , the rear one I believe, was broken when I bought my tractor, probably because of excessive loading of the front loader bucket. I was able to fabricate an extended U bolt bracket to support the rear of the axle pivot tube, replacing the broken casting. So, there's a limit to the weight capacity
and I limit my front end loader to around 1000 lb. loads. Anything heavier, and I borrow my neighbor's larger tractor.

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #8  
I wish I could be more help to you but what I can do is post of few pics of mine and maybe someone here can tell you what kind it is. I bought this 1959 TO 35 this way and have used it and had no problems other the the steering leaking onto the trans.backhoe1.jpgbackhoe3.jpg

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #9  
Bonez, Is that a serial no. tag on the right hand side of the loader frame or is it a dealer tag?

/ What loader models with fit a Massey TO-35? #10  
I will look tomorrow but I think it's a dealer tag.What ever I find I will post tomorrow night.