Oil & Fuel Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #22  
For those who are interested in installing steel fuel line as a correct replacement for OEM, you'll need a flairing tool which can be purchased from Amazon for as little as $10. Do it right, the first time. :)

Amazon.com: flairing tool

Very true. To help illustrate the danger, I created the following image which clearly shows the close proximity of the fuel line to the manifold on my Massey Ferguson 135 tractor. Not to mention the fact that there is ten gallons of gasoline perched directly above the manifold. Many other tractors are very similar in design.

2dh776s.jpg

Previously, it was mentioned that using fuel injection rubber hose would mitigate the risk of heat-related failure... For those who believe that using rubber hose for fuel lines on vintage tractors is a good idea, here are some facts to consider.

Most fuel injection rubber hose is manufactured to SAE J30R9 specifications, having a temperature range of -34 to 135 C (-29 to 275 F), with intermittent use at 150 C (302 F). As previously mentioned, the fuel lines on most vintage tractors are routed very close to the intake/exhaust manifold, and exhaust manifold temperatures range between 500 to 1000 F or more, far exceeding the maximum temperature range of the rubber hose.

Fuel Injection Hose SAE 30R9 | Goodyear Engineered Products

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #23  
Can I use rubber line for hydraulic brake lines? :anyone:

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #24  
i guess you could use soft lines designed for brakes.. at a considerable expense.. :)

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #25  
i guess you could use soft lines designed for brakes.. at a considerable expense.. :)

How about fuel line can I use that instead ? Have some scrap laying around the shop.:eek:

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #26  
:)

I've never tested plain edpm rubber hose and brake juice.. might disolve it. I know neither will take the pressure iunless the braided hose for high pressure pumps.

I just stick to metal anywahere i can on most things.

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #27  
:)

I've never tested plain epdm rubber hose and brake juice.. might dissolve it. I know neither will take the pressure unless the braided hose for high pressure pumps.

I just stick to metal anywhere i can on most things.

If your sure. I like to watch the line pulsate when braking.

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #28  
I find it amusing that the OP of this thread has stayed quiet simple because of the way his gas line is done. It's ok William. Do it your way and do it safely. -kid

/ Ferguson TO-20 Fuel Line #30  
i wouldn't bet on an N line fitting exactly.. just buy a 5$ piece of brake line and bend it up and you know it will fit.

I havn't ought an oe fuel line in a decade.. brake line is too cheap... no reason to pay 4x the cost for some guy in china to bend a piece of straight line to fit my tractor...