MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed

/ MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #1  
Tractor
Massy fergerson 50B industrial?
Hi Guys Great site, i just bought a MF tractor to restore and to do all the landscaping we need to do on our new build etc. I HAVE searched for 3 nights trying to find the correct ident for this machine and have found a few conflicting answers so here are the pictures of the numbers i have found on it, AQNY help is much appreciated, sorry if this post (My first) is in the wrong place.
I think its a Massey Fergerson 50B Duluxe Industrial? but i really dont know what year or what to say when i go to get all the new parts and service stuff im gonna need Please Help guys! Urgent!
T.I.A :thumbsup:A

sorry to admin if this is in wrong place?feel free to move to right one? thanks

Attachments

• 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 3,971
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 610
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 2,311
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 750
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 1,317
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 1,051
   / MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #2  
It appears to be an MF-50 industrial tractor, because it has the Perkins A4.212 diesel engine. The MF-50A had the Perkins A4.203 diesel engine, and the MF-50B had the Perkins A4.236 diesel engine. I'm not certain of the exact year, but it was probably made in the mid to late 1960's.

Also, the 897719M4 number is a part number for either the transmission housing or the axle housing.

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 50 industrial tractor information

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/217344-massey-ferguson-mf-50-a.html

Last edited:
   / MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #3  
   / MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed

WOW Thats a fantasticly quick response! What a great site thanks Guys! I,m still looking all over the web for the precise answer? I,m determined to get the exact year, model etc
Thanks Again Best Tractor site on the web!:cool2::thumbsup:

/ MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #5  
WOW Thats a fantasticly quick response! What a great site thanks Guys! I,m still looking all over the web for the precise answer? I,m determined to get the exact year, model etc
Thanks Again Best Tractor site on the web!:cool2::thumbsup:

You're welcome.

Using Photoshop, I managed to tease just enough detail out of the picture you posted of the engine serial number to identify it. I'm still trying to pin down a date, but here is what I came up with just in case anyone else may be able to help.

A4.212 Perkins Engine, LA (Family type)

ETA: The information below is incorrect... see later post for correction.

Engine Serial Number:

zvzlo3.jpg

Last edited:
   / MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #6  
Man you got your work cut out for you.

You're welcome.

Using Photoshop, I managed to tease just enough detail out of the picture you posted of the engine serial number to identify it. I'm still trying to pin down a date, but here is what I came up with just in case anyone else may be able to help.

A4.212 Perkins Engine, LA (Family type)

Engine Serial Number:

zvzlo3.jpg

Wow Thanks massyWV your a genius! thats really helpful Thankyou
Bet you cant do the same with the one on the dash?

I read loads of other posts and |I apper to have the "Deluxe" vesion if the guy with the same dash panel (instrument panel) is correct, what ever "Deluxe" meant/included from new?:cool2::thumbsup:

Man you got your work cut out for you.

Actually its not as bad as it looks and much better than the last one i did, I will post pics as i go, as the response on here is superb thanks to MasseyWV etc

/ MF 50 B industrial Duluxe expert detectives needed #9  
Wow Thanks massyWV your a genius! thats really helpful Thankyou
Bet you cant do the same with the one on the dash?

I read loads of other posts and |I apper to have the "Deluxe" vesion if the guy with the same dash panel (instrument panel) is correct, what ever "Deluxe" meant/included from new?:cool2::thumbsup:

I noticed the serial number plate on the dash, but it's partially hidden by the steering wheel and I would need a good clear picture zoomed in on the serial number plate to make an attempt. The tractor serial number on the dash could potentially reveal the year, and possibly more.

Judging by the number of gauges, I also tend to think it's a "Deluxe" model.

I noticed the serial number plate on the dash, but it's partially hidden by the steering wheel and I would need a good clear picture zoomed in on the serial number plate to make an attempt. The tractor serial number on the dash could potentially reveal the year, and possibly more.

Judging by the number of gauges, I also tend to think it's a "Deluxe" model.

heres the best i can get:

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 532