MHF model 30 sickle bar

/ MHF model 30 sickle bar #1  

dono6780

Tractor
MF
I just bought a model 30 (tag intact) sickle bar mower. Its in great shape but would like to know pros and cons and what to look out for. Must not have been too many made because there's not any info out there. I've got a parts book inroute, but could additional info. Thanks for any and all info.

Last edited:
   / MHF model 30 sickle bar #2  
I've got one that came off of a IHC Cub from back in the 50's. It was given to me. It works great to cut hay or grain or anything you want to save, not destroy. I was thinking about rigging mine up on my Yanmar to cut a slanted 15' dirt berm, too tall to go up but I could get one cut around the bottom. It adjoins my property and the blackberry bushes hang over across the line. Makes riding my perimeter sort of scratchy...lol.

/ MHF model 30 sickle bar #3  
searched 30 rear mounted mower on agcopartsbooks.com and found that this mower was made for a TO20, T30, TO35, MF 50, and MF65. Is this the same as yours?

/ MHF model 30 sickle bar
I have afriend who is a big on sales. Like me he didn't have one so he had to have it. I ended up with it strapped to a pallet, a bucket full of parts and no info what so ever. Agco furnished me a parts break down to help with re assembly, but the three point hitch had been juri-rigged to fit maybe a Mac truck so I spent a good deal of time un-doing previous work. The geometry was screwed, the fixed assy hang so it low it nearly dragged the ground. Upon raising it a couple of inches the bar would not hang parallel with the ground. Deducted it was chain length, did I mention it was a SPECIAL chain? Added a link and the bar went the other route, still not parallel, what a difference a link makes.
Its still not perfect but its the berries for straddling deep ditchs and multiflora rose bushes. I'm lucky it was in such great shape because I've seen some hopeless junk out there. Thanks for the input. larryd