MF 150 Oil Leak Repair

/ MF 150 Oil Leak Repair
Oven cleaner works great, but avoid the cheap stuff. Trial and error revealed that Easy-Off foaming oven cleaner seemed to work best for me. Just spray it on and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then give it a good scrubbing with a stiff brush before rinsing it off with a hose. A secondary wash with warm soapy water will remove any residual oven cleaner which might remain.

Thanks for the tip, I will be giving that a try.

/ MF 150 Oil Leak Repair
I have not had a great deal of time to work on the tractor this week, but did manage to get the timing cover off, and the oil pan bolts all out last night. The pan is still stuck on pretty good and I didnt force it much. Tomorrow I hope to get the pan off, change the gasket and start putting the thing back together.
005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg

/ MF 150 Oil Leak Repair
I got side tracked on finishing the tractor, wife brought home chickens just beforeEaster so I had to build a chicken house/pen. I have had o travel for work a lot as well (currently in Boston). I did manage to get it all back together but the hood and all leaks finally seem to be fixed. Every time I got it back together something else would leak, which led to ordering and getting the parts needed, which took a lot of time. Only issue left is, I cracked the end of the tach cable putting it back on. It seeps a little but not much ill order one soon, but I can finally use h tractor. I picked up a new King Kutter 6' tiller a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to use it this weekend hopefully.

/ MF 150 Oil Leak Repair
Well I worked the tractor grading my driveway on Thursday evening. After running solid for about 2 hours, suddenly oil started pouring out of both holes on the bottom of the tranny that have cotter pins hanging out of them. At this point I can only guess that either I did not get the back cork gasket on the oil pan correctly as it went back together, or since I replaced everything but the rear main seal, additional pressure may have been against it and it blew?? Any suggestions before I split this thing again?