Massey 135

/ Massey 135 #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
I found the following picture of a restored Massey 135 tractor online, but something didn't look quite right about it. Can you spot what's wrong?

34dlmcg.jpg

/ Massey 135 #2  
Silver Mist all over and the decal is on backwards

/ Massey 135 #3  
I think u are to read the MF from your rear view mirror.

/ Massey 135
It's not the decal. For comparison, here are a couple of pictures showing both sides of my Massey 135 tractor before I began restoring it.

2ed5n5l.jpg

33xzv3m.jpg

/ Massey 135 #5  
Well the dizzy and such is switched around also there is a drunken mouse on the seat.

/ Massey 135
mirror image pic

Bingo.

I didn't catch it right away myself. In fact, I had saved the picture several months ago and only noticed it was backwards today as I was looking through pictures in preparation for painting my MF-135 tractor. Apparently, whoever edited the picture had flipped it horizontally. After I reversed the picture back to the way it should be, I did see that the radius rod appears to be slightly bent, but I only noticed it because I just finished priming the radius rods for my tractor.

Here is what it looks like after being flipped back again.

awuye1.jpg

/ Massey 135 #8  
Bingo.

I didn't catch it right away myself. In fact, I had saved it several months ago and only noticed it was backwards today as I was looking through pictures in preparation for painting my MF-135 tractor. Apparently, whoever edited the picture had flipped it horizontally. Here is what it looks like after being flipped back again.

awuye1.jpg

Some of those colors are wrong.

/ Massey 135
Some of those colors are wrong.

Personally, I think it's hard to tell if the colors are correct because of the lighting (glare), but can say for certain that the fender mounting brackets are painted red when they should actually be flint grey metallic. In this case, I was mostly interested in the color of the starter since I will soon be rebuilding mine and wanted to see what it would look like painted black.

/ Massey 135 #10  
Well, the only silver should be front grill front hood supports and rims.