Tractor
    Massey 35

Default Massey 35 fuel injector/ Atomiser

Well, my dealer pop tested my injectors today and found one that was junk as he put it. They also dicontinued that part. Can any of you all recomend where i can get a replacement or rebuild? It is in a Perkins 3.152 diesel. Thanks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old

Quote Originally Posted by curt3969 View Post
    Well, my dealer pop tested my injectors today and found one that was junk as he put it. They also dicontinued that part. Can any of you all recomend where i can get a replacement or rebuild? It is in a Perkins 3.152 diesel. Thanks
    Try www.perkinspartsdirect.com They have atomizers. Not sure if they have one you need though. Check with them. Looks like the atomizers are a bit over $200 each.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Massey 35 fuel injector/ Atomiser

Quote Originally Posted by curt3969 View Post
    After looking up the Massey Ferguson and Perkins part numbers and conducting a search, I was unable to locate anyone who sold new injectors for your Perkins 3.152 diesel engine. The injectors are listed as being discontinued.

You could contact a salvage yard to try to locate a used injector, or you may want to consider having a competent diesel repair shop rebuild your injectors, which should only cost about $100 each. I'll send you a PM with additional information which may be helpful.

When diesel injectors are tested, they should not drip under pressure and have a good spray pattern when they open or "pop" at the approximate pressures listed below.

• 2500 psi (used injector)
    • 2750 psi (new injector)

The following video demonstrates how diesel injectors are commonly tested.

Last edited by MasseyWV; 03-17-2013 at 09:27 AM.

G'day Bare Co list them on their site new and they retail for about $65 aus over here, I know they have an outlet over there so they might be worth trying to get in contact with

Jon

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by banjodunn View Post
    G'day Bare Co list them on their site new and they retail for about $65 aus over here, I know they have an outlet over there so they might be worth trying to get in contact with
    Nice find!

G'day Massey you have prob had a look at their catalogue by now but it is pretty extensive in the old MF dept and is good value for money, we use quite a bit of there gear in our workshop over here.

Jon