replecement bucket for Davis loader on MF35?

/ replecement bucket for Davis loader on MF35? #1  

cockeyedMFer

Gold Member
Tractor
1959 MF 35 deluxe, gas
The single cylinder bucket that came with my Davis 101 loader has been repaired and modified a number of times and its pretty well beat. Floor is rusty, cutting edge is bad and the mount for the hydraulic cylinder needs rebushed. I'd like to replace it rather than put work into it.

Do the Davis loaders use a common bucket, or does anyone know of a replacement that might fit without a lot of re-work?

EDIT- typo in the title, should read replacement. :)

/ replecement bucket for Davis loader on MF35? #2  
Do the Davis loaders use a common bucket, or does anyone know of a replacement that might fit without a lot of re-work?

There were a variety of different buckets sold for the Davis loaders. What size is your bucket?

/ replecement bucket for Davis loader on MF35? #3  
I have a MF65 with a loader which its labeled as a Massey 100, which looks like yours and is either a Davis or Freeman loader. My bucket has also been cobbled over the many years. When I went in to look at new buckets the dealer had a book for a company that would put about any mount on any bucket they sold. They also would weld up custom mounts. Might be worth looking into.

/ replecement bucket for Davis loader on MF35? #4  
i would just keep and eye out for a used skid steer bucket then adapt it to fit the loader you have. Or rebuild the current one you have. My bucket on my mf35 was as you describe but it was solid and worked fine, mine had been modified to be slightly wider and offset from the center abit.