Brand bew 135 anyone??

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #21  
Would the part number be on the seat?

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #22  
Would the part number be on the seat?

I think so but as I said I;m no expert. Hey I found it in my parts book the seat # is 533 813 M92 and is mounted on a spring Suspension

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #23  
i just joined after seeing this topic. i have sales literature from 1969 that pictures a 135-150-165 in what appears to be a dry climate area. the 135 in that picture, does have the same seat as this tractor that is in question. we had 2 different 135's purchased new in 68' and71' and i can verify that all but the one guage on the dash are origional. i have been looking at 135s and 150 tractors for sale in the northern ohio area in all kinds of conditionfor the past 4-5 years..this tractor is a mirror image of the 1971 that we had. i felt i had to come to zsink's defense. i saw that picture of his 135 in the barn and thought i wentback in time 40 years.-jim

Thanks for the note, here is a better view of the seat pan. It has an adjustable spring for weight.
image-1_zpsffb767ec.jpg

image-1_zps5eb9746b.jpg

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #24  
That's it, We are done with the seat thing.Missing a shock absorber That connects under the seat.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #25  
I have that same seat on my 65 135 deluxe with flat top fenders.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #26  
Zsink, that is a Float-O-Matic seat. It came with or without an oil filled shock attached to the bottom of the seat. The oil filled shock was described as an accessory in my Owners manual.

Here's a photo describing it.

View attachment 311129

I've been quiet on everyone's comments as to what your tractor is worth vs what your asking.

Here's my take on your sale. If you want to bring top money and toot as new, it's got to look it too. The more pictures you post of paint popping off EVERYWHERE only backs up what I was thinking all along. The rims looked worse than mine when I got mine and it's a 1965 with original paint on the rears. Your not going to get anywhere near 25K for it and attachments.

Maybe 15-18K if it looked new. If it was correctly cosmetically freshened would score big points. Since you wouldn't be battling fitment and sheet metal replacement, your tractor is an excellent candidate to freshening up areas that have been damaged due to damp storage. A few dollars could pay off big for you. It would have to be done correctly for those looking for a show tractor or bragging rights.

To say NEW and it shows a lot of visible rust in my opinion would throw a red flag. To say NEW but had to rebuild a cylinder would throw a red flag. I'm not being critical here just stating what I would think if I was shopping and saw you tractor. First off, the price would scare me away without going further without even looking at the pictures. Good luck with your sale. -kid

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #27  
Well if the kid says so but the book I found the seat in does not call it a accessory. Does the seat feel spongy? Looks kind of weak if no shock in there.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #28  
I have that same seat on my 65 135 deluxe with flat top fenders.

look at agcopartsbooks.com and search accessories / Massey Ferguson and click on 100 series. You will find in the listing for a spring suspension seat.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #29  
Well if the kid says so but the book I found the seat in does not call it a accessory. Does the seat feel spongy? Looks kind of weak if no shock in there.

Murf, don't take my word on it. Look at the picture cut from the manual. It it's underlined in red. The spring is a heck of a lot bigger than the springs on my new seat. It is a torsion spring. Not a stretch spring. It is twisted. The oil shock would dampen the up and down spring action if so installed. Early model Chrysler products used a torsion bar suspension instead of springs. I think some cars today use this type of suspension. Garage doors use a similar method to assist lifting the door.

Page 335 AGCO parts book shows an illustration at the bottom of the page of the seat with a shock installed, but not listed in the parts list. Page 336 shows the seat with no illustration to a shock. The seat may have had one on there since it is equipped with mounting points for one. Without inspecting it closely I couldn't say it did or did not have the shock. But it will indeed work either way. Both seats use the same torsion spring. -kid

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #30  
Murf, don't take my word on it. Look at the picture cut from the manual. It it's underlined in red. The spring is a heck of a lot bigger than the springs on my new seat. It is a torsion spring. Not a stretch spring. It is twisted. The oil shock would dampen the up and down spring action if so installed. Early model Chrysler products used a torsion bar suspension instead of springs. I think some cars today use this type of suspension. Garage doors use a similar method to assist lifting the door.

Page 335 AGCO parts book shows an illustration at the bottom of the page of the seat with a shock installed, but not listed in the parts list. Page 336 shows the seat with no illustration to a shock. The seat may have had one on there since it is equipped with mounting points for one. Without inspecting it closely I couldn't say it did or did not have the shock. But it will indeed work either way. Both seats use the same torsion spring. -kid

I trust your word Kid it just seams that seat is just hanging out there. I got a parts book that's how I found it.