Bronze Member
    Tractor
    HST3710, FZ2100

Default No gasket on Z134 engine oil pump with low oil pressure, is that right?

Hi, this is a follow on to another post about low oil pressure on an otherwise good running Massey F40 with a z134 engine. The oil pump, which may have been original and untouched, had no gasket on the side plate that covers the two oil pump gears. The Tisco oil pump repair kit I just received does have a gasket. The side plate seems to be very tight fitting and I cant imagine much oil escaping, but it does leave the question as to which is right, gasket or no gasket on the side plate. Presumably placing the gasket on there could create some clearance that should not be there, so i am a bit lost. Any help appreciated.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Default Re: No gasket on Z134 engine oil pump with low oil pressure, is that right?

Tex, it would be a big help if you would keep everything dealing with your F40 in the same thread. There is no need to create a new thread when asking a related question. One side I believe doesn't have a gasket. That side you check wear with a feeler gauge. Are you working with a manual?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    HST3710, FZ2100

Default Re: No gasket on Z134 engine oil pump with low oil pressure, is that right?

Well, ok then, back to the old thread I go....there is only one side that comes off,as far as i can tell...