Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question #1  

rlgenova

Tractor
Massy Ferguson 135
I am in the process of purchasing a backhoe attachment for my Massy Ferguson 135 tractor. Considering the Bush Hog 965H. Is this a good choice as far as size? Thank you for your time and input.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question #2  
Welcome to TBN

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question
Thank you Murphy 1224 looking forward to being part of TBN

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question #4  
I am in the process of purchasing a backhoe attachment for my Massy Ferguson 135 tractor. Considering the Bush Hog 965H. Is this a good choice as far as size? Thank you for your time and input.

Is this a new unit? I looked it up on the bush hog website and didn't see it. It is getting late for me. LOL I have looked at ones in the past and found the limiting factors being horsepower, fluid flow in GPM and pressure. Some have a PTO pump with their own stand alone hydraulic system. Fluid flow in most Massey 135s is 4.5 gallons a minute and 2350 PSI.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question
Is this a new unit? I looked it up on the bush hog website and didn't see it. It is getting late for me. LOL I have looked at ones in the past and found the limiting factors being horsepower, fluid flow in GPM and pressure. Some have a PTO pump with their own stand alone hydraulic system. Fluid flow in most Massey 135s is 4.5 gallons a minute and 2350 PSI.

Thanks for the reply namyessam this unit is used but in good shape will need to purchase PTO kit I'm just concerned with size it's about ten years old

/ Massey Ferguson 135 backhoe attachment size question #6  
Yep-you'll need an auxiliary hydraulic pump to get enough flow to run a backhoe since the internal hyd pump in the 135 is so puny. But be careful. The original owner of my 1964 MF135 diesel put an aux hyd pump on the front end of the engine to run an FEL. Ended up cracking the crankshaft where it goes through the front main bearing. You might have better luck with a pto hyd pump on the rear end but I'd worry about interference between that pump and the backhoe.

Good luck.