Need Help Identifying MF35 Year

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #11  
Andy, it looks like a TO35 to me. I just cant find those last 6 digits of the serial number listed anywhere.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #12  
Does this look like an MF35? Are there any other ways to try and identify the year other than the tag? Let me know and I'll try and focus the camera on those areas better when I take pictures today.

The tractor serial tag is a key piece of evidence to idetify the make year of a MF tractor. Without it, one can only guess it's age. The engine I.D. Tag is located just behind the starter on a Z134 gas engine. With proper previous owner documentation would verify as to the tractors true identity. The serial number does not jive with the index photo i posted above. There is no doubt as to what type of tractor it is. The year is still the question. Without a hands on inspection of casing number, would only narrow to maybe within a couple years. I never could figure out the reasoning for not riviting that tag to the frame. Puting sheet metal screws to secure it only encouraged theives to remove them.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year
Ok, I finally had a chance to take some pictures today of a little better quality.

The last photo is the plate on the engine. It's been painted over and all I can make out is Racine WI. Is that where the Continental Z134 was made?

I've also found some more letters and numbers. On the back right side of the tractor near the hydraulic fluid dipstick it's stamped: H Ms 23 183253 M5 C 750.

On the left rear axle it's stamped: 183 251 M2 on the right it's stamped 183 248 M2

The other number I wrote down is: CWC 0202 Z134A500 A (I can't make out the next letter). But for the life of me I can't remember where it is on the tractor now.

Attachments

• image-3311689695.jpg
    image-3311689695.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 469
  • image-3244910154.jpg
    image-3244910154.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 359
  • image-4019375832.jpg
    image-4019375832.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 304
   / Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #14  
I dont know if its a fake or not. Other than the excess of numbers, it looks an awful lot like mine. Heres mine for comparison.

How can it look like your tag when your tag is a "TO"35 two totally different tags.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #15  
Ok, I finally had a chance to take some pictures today of a little better quality.

The last photo is the plate on the engine. It's been painted over and all I can make out is Racine WI. Is that where the Continental Z134 was made?

I've also found some more letters and numbers. On the back right side of the tractor near the hydraulic fluid dipstick it's stamped: H Ms 23 183253 M5 C 750.

On the left rear axle it's stamped: 183 251 M2 on the right it's stamped 183 248 M2

The other number I wrote down is: CWC 0202 Z134A500 A (I can't make out the next letter). But for the life of me I can't remember where it is on the tractor now.

The serial number is stamped into the metal tag on the engine block. It's not going to reveal the tractors true age. The other numbers your finding are casting numbers which represent part numbers. The Z134 number your referring to is probably on the manifold signifying an original manifold.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #16  
How can it look like your tag when your tag is a "TO"35 two totally different tags.

You told him that his tag was a fake and that was a fact! My point was that it sure looks like a real tag to me, looks almost identical to my T035's tag! Did you even take the time to compare the two? Maybe its not a "fake". Maybe you dont know everything about the 35's, but you been told this before so why am i even wasting my time writing this??????

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #17  
You told him that his tag was a fake and that was a fact! My point was that it sure looks like a real tag to me, looks almost identical to my T035's tag! Did you even take the time to compare the two? Maybe its not a "fake". Maybe you dont know everything about the 35's, but you been told this before so why am i even wasting my time writing this??????

I may me wrong, but if you take a close look at original tags you will see the detail made into them. Did you even read any of my post before posturing a negative stance. Let me explain to you in simpler terms. Your tag has embossed lettering. That means "raised above the surface". That can't be copied without expensive equipment and a huge hydraulic press to make that happen. Tags did change to flat metal design later in years. The years the "Mf35" was made the tags weren't flat. Even the overseas market. Also every website I've seen explaining serial numbers for the 35 says there are three letters in the beginning of the serial number. There is a reason for that which is explained on those websites. I believeI even posted a snippet of one of those sites to illustrate.

The tag maybe a manufacturer replacement, but the serial numbers don't work for for MF35.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/006/0/4/6042-massey-ferguson-to-35.html see the link.

The tractor being painted yellow is either a 35X or a "Turf Special". Probably 1963 or 64 model.

Last edited:
   / Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #19  
here we go again!!!!
And there you are. By all means please enlighten us with your vast knowledgebase. You seem to pop up just at the right moments. Please Mr. SIMassey. Please enlighten us as to what this mystery serial number is or are you trolling again. -the kid

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #20  
I dont know if its a fake or not. Other than the excess of numbers, it looks an awful lot like mine. Heres mine for comparison.
Notice the shadowing on all the lettering and numbers on yours. If you where to look closely at Andy's. There is no shadowing thus the lettering and numbers are printed on. Can you not see that? My 135 is like yours. You can feel the numbers and letters. Now if Andy can show us another picture at a different angle might shed light. Your tag and mine is made that way to keep from counterfeiting serial tags. If you where to remove your tag and look on the back. It's totall smooth except for the serial number.

Here's closeup of my serial tag. Notice the raised lettering.
View attachment 314143View attachment 314144View attachment 314145
Your tag is the same way. Other MF35 tags I've seen are this way as well. TO20's too. This was my point. Also notice mine is a Continental Gas which is illustrated in the serial number by the first three letters. PJ, I'm not trying to start anything. This was an observation. The way the serial number is stamped and the way the rest of the tag looks is suspicious. The tractor "is" showing yellow under the red. Many re-painted them red. This is obviously a special edition tractor with a unique number or it's fake. It is NOT a normal number for a MF35. That is already documented. So it has to be a different version. -kid