Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF

Default Re: Need Help Identifying MF35 Year

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    And there you are. By all means please enlighten us with your vast knowledgebase. You seem to pop up just at the right moments. Please Mr. SIMassey. Please enlighten us as to what this mystery serial number is or are you trolling again. -the kid
    Unfortunately I have no information to solve the mystery of this serial number. I did some searching and came up with nothing. Thats why I find it hard to believe you would even suggest that the serial number plate is a fake. Why would anyone fake a serial number plate on a tractor in the condition that is visible in the picture. I would expect for someone to restore a tractor and replace a plate to try and pass it off for something it isn't. It appears Massey made many unique "special" tractors that may not be able to be traced with information on the internet. Maybe the owner need to contact a Massey dealer and see if they can come up with anything.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by SIMassey View Post
    Unfortunately I have no information to solve the mystery of this serial number. I did some searching and came up with nothing. Thats why I find it hard to believe you would even suggest that the serial number plate is a fake. Why would anyone fake a serial number plate on a tractor in the condition that is visible in the picture. I would expect for someone to restore a tractor and replace a plate to try and pass it off for something it isn't. It appears Massey made many unique "special" tractors that may not be able to be traced with information on the internet. Maybe the owner need to contact a Massey dealer and see if they can come up with anything.
    Why was the tractor painted Red when It's obvious it was originally yellow. I did mention it could be a 35X or a Turf model. One of those might have a special number. Why would a tractor of same vintage have a different style tag which I've already explained the difference.

Tractor
    JD 4840, 450j, 310, komatsu D31px22, IH 1486, MF 135, MHF TO35

The first number of the first US patent looks raised or embossed to me. To quote Forrest Gump "thats all i got to say about that"

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

If you look close you will see some blue paint, alas I think it is truly a Ford!
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    If you look close you will see some blue paint, alas I think it is truly a Ford!
    Mystery solved. It's a MF35 built by Ford. Paul Harvey time..

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Why was the tractor painted Red when It's obvious it was originally yellow. I did mention it could be a 35X or a Turf model. One of those might have a special number. Why would a tractor of same vintage have a different style tag which I've already explained the difference.
    Maybe the previous owner liked red? Why did you paint your tractor that shade of red when it wasn't the original shade?? Because you said you liked it. Everyone else has that same privledge to paint their tractor the color they want. It could have been a government tractor and painted Air Force blue for all we know. Until someone can unravel the mystery of the serial number, we will never know for sure. only a few industrial listings on tractordata.com include serial numbers.

Well it doesn't appear that anything other than the serial number is raised. Here's a picture of the front and back side. It does look like who ever stamped the serial number sort of half-stamped a zero near the end so the number would have been 67960100001. However the went back and made the number end with 11 rather than 01.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3108451919-jpg   -image-2084974904-jpg  

Tractor

oh oh, someone has complained and the thread has been pruned.
    Murph ------------

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    oh oh, someone has complained and the thread has been pruned.
    Funny how that works...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Funny how that works...

Aaron Z
    That is so. Good Morning.
    Murph ------------

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast