Need Help Identifying MF35 Year

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #21  
And there you are. By all means please enlighten us with your vast knowledgebase. You seem to pop up just at the right moments. Please Mr. SIMassey. Please enlighten us as to what this mystery serial number is or are you trolling again. -the kid

Unfortunately I have no information to solve the mystery of this serial number. I did some searching and came up with nothing. Thats why I find it hard to believe you would even suggest that the serial number plate is a fake. Why would anyone fake a serial number plate on a tractor in the condition that is visible in the picture. I would expect for someone to restore a tractor and replace a plate to try and pass it off for something it isn't. It appears Massey made many unique "special" tractors that may not be able to be traced with information on the internet. Maybe the owner need to contact a Massey dealer and see if they can come up with anything.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #22  
Unfortunately I have no information to solve the mystery of this serial number. I did some searching and came up with nothing. Thats why I find it hard to believe you would even suggest that the serial number plate is a fake. Why would anyone fake a serial number plate on a tractor in the condition that is visible in the picture. I would expect for someone to restore a tractor and replace a plate to try and pass it off for something it isn't. It appears Massey made many unique "special" tractors that may not be able to be traced with information on the internet. Maybe the owner need to contact a Massey dealer and see if they can come up with anything.
Why was the tractor painted Red when It's obvious it was originally yellow. I did mention it could be a 35X or a Turf model. One of those might have a special number. Why would a tractor of same vintage have a different style tag which I've already explained the difference.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #23  
The first number of the first US patent looks raised or embossed to me. To quote Forrest Gump "thats all i got to say about that"

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #24  
If you look close you will see some blue paint, alas I think it is truly a Ford!:eek::laughing::laughing:

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #25  
If you look close you will see some blue paint, alas I think it is truly a Ford!:eek::laughing::laughing:
Mystery solved. It's a MF35 built by Ford. Paul Harvey time.. :thumbsup:

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #26  
Why was the tractor painted Red when It's obvious it was originally yellow. I did mention it could be a 35X or a Turf model. One of those might have a special number. Why would a tractor of same vintage have a different style tag which I've already explained the difference.

Maybe the previous owner liked red? Why did you paint your tractor that shade of red when it wasn't the original shade?? Because you said you liked it. Everyone else has that same privledge to paint their tractor the color they want. It could have been a government tractor and painted Air Force blue for all we know. Until someone can unravel the mystery of the serial number, we will never know for sure. only a few industrial listings on tractordata.com include serial numbers.

/ Need Help Identifying MF35 Year
Well it doesn't appear that anything other than the serial number is raised. Here's a picture of the front and back side. It does look like who ever stamped the serial number sort of half-stamped a zero near the end so the number would have been 67960100001. However the went back and made the number end with 11 rather than 01.

Attachments

• image-3108451919.jpg
    image-3108451919.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2084974904.jpg
    image-2084974904.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 132
   / Need Help Identifying MF35 Year #28  
oh oh, someone has complained and the thread has been pruned.