165 spray job

/ 165 spray job #1  

Prgmur

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165/ Kubota B7200HST
Some pics of progress on my Massey 165 refurbishment. Won't be long now till it is back together and on the road.

image-2116952607.jpg

image-73435950.jpg

image-3396684485.jpg

image-184863703.jpg

image-1152407851.jpg

image-3291984481.jpg

/ 165 spray job #3  
Nice progress. Keep those pictures coming.

/ 165 spray job
image-1552169319.jpg

image-473711469.jpg

Progress is slow but its great to see it coming together.
Thanks for the interest

/ 165 spray job #6  
Lookin Good! What prep did you do on the drive train? Wire brush, sand blast or something else? Hope to paint my 165 late this year after I beat it up for a while and get the bugs out.

/ 165 spray job
Lookin Good! What prep did you do on the drive train? Wire brush, sand blast or something else? Hope to paint my 165 late this year after I beat it up for a while and get the bugs out.

I did contemplate having it soda-blasted at the beginning but after a good powerwash the skid unit looked in good nick
No leaks so we decided on some good old elbow grease and wire brushed as much as we could. We followed up with some fine sanding(120) and wiped down before giving a good rub with scotchbrite pads.
Lastly it was wiped down before a primer coat was applied. I hope it stands the test of time after all that!

Hope to finish it this weekend so look out for some update photos.
P

staticmap

/ 165 spray job #8  
I did contemplate having it soda-blasted at the beginning but after a good powerwash the skid unit looked in good nick
No leaks so we decided on some good old elbow grease and wire brushed as much as we could. We followed up with some fine sanding(120) and wiped down before giving a good rub with scotchbrite pads.
Lastly it was wiped down before a primer coat was applied. I hope it stands the test of time after all that!

Hope to finish it this weekend so look out for some update photos.
P

I've been told by veteran MF tractor mechanics who have restore many a tractor. If your going to tear the tractor down piece by piece it's exceptable to media blast. If your NOT going to break it down to a piece by piece level DO NOT media blast for it could contaminate seals and get into places you don't want. In your case you made the right choice. Looking good. More pictures please. :applause: -kid

/ 165 spray job
I think they were right. I have a client who collects and restores some of these old tractors (ferguson brown, johndeere, ford 8n etc), he advised the same. I thought he should know what he is talking about so took the advice!
P