mf 135 psition control lever

/ mf 135 psition control lever #1  

ohiogary

Tractor
MF 135
My 1973 mf 135 will not allow the lift arms go down, never had a problem until yesterday, I raised the lever to raise blade , and now the lifting arms will l not go down. I pulled off the dipstick side cover and was wondering how the control levers work, all I could see was two rods with springs that only moved very little , and really couldnt see how they actualy work, not sure if I want to go into pulling the top off, unless I have a better understanding on how things work, and if anyone has a picture of linkage for the control levers to work would be great. I had a Big Dean cd, which of course unable to find. Any suggestion of what to look for.
Gary

/ mf 135 psition control lever #2  
theres another tread posted at the bottom of this page with the same problem you have . -jim

/ mf 135 psition control lever
Well after spending hours on the internet, I was able to finally fix my tractor, I removed the side plate once again and realized the control value was stuck, I believe it was caused by raising the control lever to constant pumping and it binded the valve. Now its time for a restoration, new plug wires , plugs , air filters, muffler and exhaust pipe, touch up paint, Id like to get the tractor back to everything working, Ive got to replace a headlight and a few negected things.

/ mf 135 psition control lever #4  
Well after spending hours on the internet, I was able to finally fix my tractor, I removed the side plate once again and realized the control value was stuck, I believe it was caused by raising the control lever to constant pumping and it binded the valve. Now its time for a restoration, new plug wires , plugs , air filters, muffler and exhaust pipe, touch up paint, Id like to get the tractor back to everything working, Ive got to replace a headlight and a few negected things.

Gary, I applaud you for doing your homework. I too have spent hours on the net searching for answers and found them. If you have a service manual and Internet access, one can solve most any problem. However there are Stumps that only a well versed mechanic who knows the easy way around a challenging problem. I have seen many a frustrated members here who ask questions that can easily be found already answered on the Internet. Good luck and keep us posted with pictures. -kid