Tractor
    MF 135

Default mf 135 psition control lever

My 1973 mf 135 will not allow the lift arms go down, never had a problem until yesterday, I raised the lever to raise blade , and now the lifting arms will l not go down. I pulled off the dipstick side cover and was wondering how the control levers work, all I could see was two rods with springs that only moved very little , and really couldnt see how they actualy work, not sure if I want to go into pulling the top off, unless I have a better understanding on how things work, and if anyone has a picture of linkage for the control levers to work would be great. I had a Big Dean cd, which of course unable to find. Any suggestion of what to look for.
    Gary

Tractor
    mf165-mh44-ac914

Default Re: mf 135 psition control lever

theres another tread posted at the bottom of this page with the same problem you have . -jim

Tractor
    MF 135

Default Re: mf 135 psition control lever

Well after spending hours on the internet, I was able to finally fix my tractor, I removed the side plate once again and realized the control value was stuck, I believe it was caused by raising the control lever to constant pumping and it binded the valve. Now its time for a restoration, new plug wires , plugs , air filters, muffler and exhaust pipe, touch up paint, Id like to get the tractor back to everything working, Ive got to replace a headlight and a few negected things.

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogary View Post
    Well after spending hours on the internet, I was able to finally fix my tractor, I removed the side plate once again and realized the control value was stuck, I believe it was caused by raising the control lever to constant pumping and it binded the valve. Now its time for a restoration, new plug wires , plugs , air filters, muffler and exhaust pipe, touch up paint, Id like to get the tractor back to everything working, Ive got to replace a headlight and a few negected things.
    Gary, I applaud you for doing your homework. I too have spent hours on the net searching for answers and found them. If you have a service manual and Internet access, one can solve most any problem. However there are Stumps that only a well versed mechanic who knows the easy way around a challenging problem. I have seen many a frustrated members here who ask questions that can easily be found already answered on the Internet. Good luck and keep us posted with pictures. -kid
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME