South African MF 35 found in a shed

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed
Thanks Sam, It is a mission to put back together, but actually quite fun. unfortunately I cant log into the Ago parts website, even as a guest unless I get hold of a dealer - and they aren't too keen on "harry average" having access to it.

cheers
Ryan

Just a few pics,

IMAG0319.jpg

P1070244.JPG
the hanging tree

P1070245.JPG
Engine should be going on tomorrow. Ive found the best way to see where everything goes is to look at a running one, and figure out what Im missing!

Next project is the oil lines outside the block, I didn't know they were there until this afternoon, and every tractor I look at has them going into different places!

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed #13  
Awesome project! Keep up the good work

engine went back on yesterday, My only complaint is the engineering shop painted it, and went a bit wild with the spray gun! now I have grey everywhere, and I was hoping to keep some bits as their original colour - like the alternator, fuel pipes, fan blade etc. Oh well, no use complaining!

P1070247.jpg

It will be time to add some red bits soon!

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed #15  
Ryan I havent actually read your thread properly untill tonight. I have to say I would not have the courage to tackle what you are doing.Thanks for the help today .I think Berco will be a great help and asked the salesman if I need to lie down before I get a price.I was very pleasantly surprised Almost to the point of being suspicious.These I hope are not Chinese parts:)

Pleasure, Bepco's parts are much better than most of the others. and the prices are very good. Most of the big bits, Crank etc come from Centrapart UK, Dont know where they are made though.
Got my front tyres on today, hopefully will have the back ones on by Friday, then I can do some work this weekend.......

If Id known how buggered it really was I probably wouldn't have done it.

Hi All

The old lady is finally running, It was a bit of a mission to start the first few times, but now she purrs like a kitten. Haven't sorted out the bonnet yet, that will come soon, and there are a few oil leaks to sort out, but I'll get there.

My next question is the lift arms.
The position control and draft control levers only work right at the top, they lift the arms fine, and hold them up, but its a mission to keep them at an intermediate level. Sometimes when I put an implement fully up, the top link jumps, and the arms drop.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should look for to get it all working properly?
I really dont want to have to take the whole system apart.

Cheers
Ryan

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed #18  
Good job getting it running. The old Fergy draft and 3 point lift systems can be confusing. Do some google searches on them and see what you find.

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed #19  
Paul, this is a great! transformation. Excellent work.

Chukar71

/ South African MF 35 found in a shed #20  
Wow, definitely hard to believe that's the same machine. Awesome job.

what he said

Have fun with your restoration Ryan. :thumbsup:

I had no idea that this post was a year old, until after I saw the time gap (2 comments up)