massey ferguson 135 3 point lift

/ massey ferguson 135 3 point lift #1  

megana

Tractor
135 massey ferguson
High I recently bought a 135 massy ferguson I have a problem with the lift when you raise it with or with out a implement it comes up but it kind of shakes while coming up like it might be getting air or something I'M NOT SURE OF THE YEAR but it has the continental engine. Thanks for looking.

/ massey ferguson 135 3 point lift #2  
G'day megana.

Let me first briefly introduce you to the Massey ferguson Scotch Yoke pump ,unique in the fact that it is a four cylinder Horizontally opposed unit generally reliable provided the oil and filter are kept clean.

The most common but not the only things you will come across are as you mentioned shuddering of the linkage ,The first and easiest thing to do is to replace the transmission /hydraulic oil and service the filter check with your local Massey daeler for the correct grade and weight of oil ,it will take about six to eight gallons, always keep oil handy for top ups.
The oil filter is fairly awkward to get to but once you have done it once it is a bit easier next time.
First remove the LEFT HAND sideplate ,this is the one with the PTO Lever on it,once removed look inside and you will see the filter cap it should be Lockwired in place cut the wire be careful not to let the wire drop inside ,it wont do a lot of harm being in there but it is best if you dont drop it ,unscrew the filter assembly which consists of the top cap ,the metal gauze filter and the lower cap,remove as one assembly trying to keep the lower metal cap on the filter ,this is where the most of the debris will be and you dont want to drop this into the pump or the transmission housing so Carefully remove ,there is a large O ring that the lower cap seals the filter onto the pump check and make sure it has not gone hard any doubt replace it.
After draining the oil ( there are two drain plugs ,one below your left foot and the other about where your left heel is when sitting on the tractor)I always temporarily refit the plugs and pour about a gallon of diesel into the transmission via the oil filler run the engine on IDLE for say two minutes to circulate and then remove the drain plugs ,if possible leave the plugs out overnight just to get as much debris out of the transmission.

Strip the filter assembly and thoroughly wash out in clean petrol/gasoline ,when cleaned carefully check the moulded (originally soft plastic end mouldings on the filter ,if they are hard and brittle scrap the filter and buy a new one ,if the old filter is reused it will break up and all the small bits of hard plastic will end up in the control valve and cause all sorts of trouble.
Reassemble and test ,of all o.k good if not .
The next most common problems are a stuck Suction or Discharge valves or broken piston rings ,Both require that the hydraulic pump be removed to fix if so post results and we will go forward.
Happy Days .
Hutch..

/ massey ferguson 135 3 point lift
thanks shona i was thinking the filter to but there is a lot of knowlage on this forum and was hoping for a good opinion. Thanks

/ massey ferguson 135 3 point lift #4  
G'day megana.
I was thinking my reply WAS good ,I am sorry I could not offer advice that you did not need to do anything but say, Good Tractor Now WORK ,Sorry only Joking ,I am sure other members will have some usefull suggestions!!.

Happy Days.
Hutch.

/ massey ferguson 135 3 point lift
sorry hutch my comment might have been misleading when I said I thought it was the filter to I was hoping somebody else would think so also and you just helped confirm my thoughts haven't had a chance to look at it yet but will soon .thanks