Oil leak on mf135

/ Oil leak on mf135 #21  
I added it. This is getting in the weeds. I've asked the mechanic to come by Monday. Good evening.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #22  
your message is very unclear.

you are saying the front bolster was cracked and they used rubber sealer on it?

or they replaced it and then used rubber sealer on ? what?

and what is leaking?

10-40 and 20-50 are S rated oils. hope that is a gas tractor and not a diesel.

post back what the SPECIFIC damage is if you want specific answers.

Both them oils are diesel oil .... Don't know why u think there not . My brand new ford diesel truck has 10-40 . And rotella 20-50 is common as **** in diesels . Wow really guys .

/ Oil leak on mf135 #23  
G'day ts1986.
And welcome to the forum,I got a bit confused then Mr ed Hijacking your issue Maybe he should go to the case site!!!

Anyway ,if as you say there is a small puddle of oil on the floor next morning and you can live with that I would leave it alone.
The oil leaking from the rear crankshaft seal will track down Behind the flywheel into a small oil catchment area and as you have seen comes out Via The JIGGLE PIN and as has been said the reason the Jiggle pin is there is to stop the hole from being clogged up.
There will be no real risk of the clutch being contaminated just Keep an eye on it ,My 148 has leaked like that for more than ten years and has not got any worse.
Happy Days.
Hutch.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #24  
Both them oils are diesel oil .... Don't know why u think there not . My brand new ford diesel truck has 10-40 . And rotella 20-50 is common as **** in diesels . Wow really guys .

there's not a single store in the tri cirty area i liv ein that has any kind of a 10-40 or 20w50 oil that is anything other than S rated.

Only c rated oils i can get locally are 5w40, and 15w40, 30w straight and 40w straight, and can order 10w30. Our bulk oil dealer doesn't even have a 10-40 or 20w50 on our order sheet.. what ar ethe part numbers? I'd like to look at these other diesel oils.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #25  
edit:

OK.. I see amsoil has a 20w50 synthetic diesel oil.

I see if you live in malasia you can get a castrol RX 20w50 ci-4 oil.

if you live in japan.. enos makes some 20w50 ci-4

In fact. i found a good hadfull or 20w50 and maybee 1 10w40 oil.. .. i say maybee as I couldn't read the language. all were outside US distribuitors.

Whos got some us info? amsoil is all i can find so far.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #26  
Motorcraft - roltella . And there's a few more that make it easy to get .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Oil leak on mf135 #27  
i can get motorcraft and rotella locally. had been using motorcraft in my powerstroke. but all they have locally in motorcraft is the hd diesel 15w40 non syn oil.

rotella has a few offerings. t5/6 etc. but nothing in 10-40 or 20w50.

perhaps it's a reginal temp thing. I know to get 10w30 diesel oil we have to roder froma distribuitor in the north. perhaps in a arid / hot area is where the heavier diesels are more readilly stocked?

can get bulk 30w straight and 40w here for heavy equipment.. etc...

/ Oil leak on mf135 #28  
Can get any weight you want in Arkansas easy .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Oil leak on mf135 #29  
Hey guys, just weighing in:), 10w30 diesel grade in the 135 because it gets more work in the winter. But with that weeping hole make sure it stays open or take the clutch inpection plate off if it is too bad. This past winter blowing the snow out of the neighbours driveway the oil didn't "weep" fast enough, it has a steep hill, and it got to the clutch. It ended that job quick enough. The clutch seems to work all right now but needs to be replaced before it spins too much on the flywheel.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #30  
G'day Brakeman.

If the clutch is SLIPPING it needs to be adjusted, When properly adjusted WET OR DRY it wont slip.
If as you say the oil was more than a WEEP maybe the job should have been done some time ago!!!
Hutch.