Oil leak on mf135

/ Oil leak on mf135 #1  

ts1986

Tractor
mf135
Hello i am new here and new tractor owner I just purchased my first mf135 6spd with perkins diesel i believe its a 68 or 69 model. The tractor runs fine but i noticed an oil leak coming in front of the weep hole theres not much coming from the weep hole as the cotter pin is free. the square plate behind the weep hole is a little damp but that gasket is shot. Is this a rear main seal or rear oil pan gasket that is causing the leak?

/ Oil leak on mf135 #2  
Hello i am new here and new tractor owner I just purchased my first mf135 6spd with perkins diesel i believe its a 68 or 69 model. The tractor runs fine but i noticed an oil leak coming in front of the weep hole theres not much coming from the weep hole as the cotter pin is free. the square plate behind the weep hole is a little damp but that gasket is shot. Is this a rear main seal or rear oil pan gasket that is causing the leak?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here will be able to help. Is the color of the oil dark black like the oil on the engine oil dipstick or is it more clear like the oil on the transmission oil dilpstick? Does the tractor have Multi-power?

/ Oil leak on mf135
Its dark oil. No it does not have multipower

/ Oil leak on mf135 #4  
That why that weep hole is there so if rear main leaks you know you have a leak and the oil does not stay in there. The cotter key is so the hole does not fill with mud and plug up. It is a steady drip or a few drops????? In my book most 40plus year old tractors leak a bit here and there.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #5  
Its dark oil. No it does not have multipower

Most likely a rear engine seal. Its a big job to split the tractor to fix the leak. Good time to service clutch while the tractor is split. could get expensive. Can you live with the leak? see what others say. I'm not familiar with the Perkins. I have a continental.

/ Oil leak on mf135
Yeah by all means i can live with the leak ive just heard of the rear main leaking an ruining the clutches. Ive had it on my concrete floor for two nights and its just left a small spot. I can wiggle the cotter pin and just get a little dampness nothing big its more like its leaking where the bell housing bolts up

/ Oil leak on mf135 #7  
Sorry to break in, but I have a Case Brown 1978 990 tractor which has had lots of issues lately. I needed a new clutch. That was installed by a very experienced mechanic who specializes in Case tractors of that vintage. I drove it home Friday, the 31st, about 4 miles, and hooked up my sprayer this afternoon (Saturday, June 1st) and sprayed apples for about an hour and a half. I have a rubber pad under the tractor which I cleaned to see if there would be any oil leaks from the engine. Before the mechanic replaced the clutch they power washed the tractor and found a crack in the front piece under the radiator. They replaced that and then used a rubber sealant. Apparently this sealant gave way. I added three quarts of oil...two quarts of 20-50 and one of 1-40, thinking that the thicker the oil, maybe it wouldn't leak. I will check tomorrow. Any ideas?

/ Oil leak on mf135 #8  
your message is very unclear.

you are saying the front bolster was cracked and they used rubber sealer on it?

or they replaced it and then used rubber sealer on ? what?

and what is leaking?

10-40 and 20-50 are S rated oils. hope that is a gas tractor and not a diesel.

post back what the SPECIFIC damage is if you want specific answers.

/ Oil leak on mf135 #10  
Lucas oil is your friend in these times .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet